John Gilbert > Bracewell (UK) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bracewell (UK) LLP Offices
25 OLD BROAD STREET
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr. Gilbert resolves disputes in the energy sector through litigation, arbitration, expert determination and mediation. He advises on a broad range of disputes related to oil and gas exploration and production, the construction and operation of pipelines, and the downstream sector.
Mr. Gilbert has particular experience representing clients locked in disputes over gas sales agreements, including price reviews and on the operation of take-or-pay provisions. In addition, he advises on disputes relating to power generation, both conventional and renewables. Mr. Gilbert has also represented clients on issues related to business and human rights and on conducting incident investigations.
Accredited Mediator; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; Association of International Petroleum Negotiators; IBA UK Energy Lawyers Group.
Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales; Nottingham Law School, LPC, 1998; University of Cambridge, England, B.A., 1997, honors.
London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
Bracewell (UK) LLP‘s ‘specialist team‘ has carved out a recognised niche for itself, as the only London office of an international firm which is exclusively dedicated to the energy sector; the group consequently offers ‘real expertise in energy disputes at all stages of such projects‘. John Gilbert heads up the practice, and regularly acts in litigious mandates relating to oil and gas exploration, pipeline operation, and power generation.
London > Dispute resolution > International arbitration
Focused on Africa and the Middle East, as well as the UK and continental Europe, Bracewell (UK) LLP‘s ‘excellent litigation and arbitration practice‘ is exclusively dedicated to the energy sector. John Gilbert acts in disputes concerning oil and gas exploration and production, the construction and operation of pipelines, and the downstream sector; and the practice of energy specialist Alistair Calvert encompasses complex international arbitrations. Robert Meade is a recently-promoted partner, while Jameela Bond is ‘a first-class senior associate‘.
- Commercial litigation: premium - London > Dispute resolution
- International arbitration - London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration