David Kerr > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
David heads our Dispute Resolution team in Glasgow, leading on a wide range of commercial and public law disputes with a particular focus on tax, banking and financial services, construction, professional negligence and shareholder disputes.
David regularly represents clients in the Court of Session, First-tier and Upper Tax Tribunals and in Sheriff Courts across Scotland.
David has additional degrees in Accountancy and IT which set him apart in leading many of the firm’s most technically detailed and high value construction and commercial litigations.
BA (Hons); MSc (Dist); LLB (Dist) Dip LP
Harper Macleod LLP‘s broad client roster, including private individuals, start-ups and various organisations across the public and third sectors alongside major corporates, financial institutions and insurers, is testimony to the team’s wide-ranging expertise. Its skill-set covers insolvency, corporate, banking, construction, energy and sports-related disputes but the practice has also been handling a growing number of competition claims and IP litigations. Corporate and shareholder dispute experts Sandy Hastie and David Kerr jointly head the team, which includes contractual and property disputes specialist Andrew Upton, who made partner in April 2019.
Harper Macleod LLP has considerable experience of pursuing professional negligence claims in the financial services, accountancy, construction, and banking sectors, led by David Kerr in Glasgow and Sandy Hastie in Edinburgh. The practice advises major companies and leverages its wider disputes offering to handle complex contentious matters, both in the public and private domains. Key names include John McHugh who advises construction sector clients, while senior associate Andrew McKenzie (along with practice head Kerr) primarily advises banking and finance clients. Fiona Pask is also a core member of the team. Robert Rennie is now a consultant at the firm but remains active in this space.
- Professional negligence - Scotland > Insurance
- Commercial litigation - Scotland > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment