- Private client: Making a hostile application for an Administration Order and then advising the Administrators whilst the multi-million pound businesses was traded for 9 months before being sold as a going concern. Substantial return to creditors who would otherwise have received nothing at all.
- Clothing manufacturer: Advising the majority of the Board of a clothing manufacturer. The business had been struggling financially for some time and the Board was deadlocked, each faction accusing the other of serious misconduct. Worked closely with PwC and, after intense negotiations with investors and key suppliers, delivered the solvent restructuring of the business.
- Private client: Obtaining a Freezing Order against a Bankrupt and family members after unravelling a complex series of property transactions. The case clarified the law of exoneration and was settled on a substantial payment to the Trustee in Bankruptcy.
- Tourist attraction: Advising the Administrators of Morwellham Quay, a tourist attraction set in a UNESCO world heritage site on the banks of the river Tamar which was also home to the BBC television series “Edwardian Farm”.
- Various clients: Applying for the appointment of Provisional Liquidators to a debt management company and then pursuing claims for Fraudulent and Wrongful Trading.
David Pomeroy > Ashfords LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
TOWER WHARF, CHEESE LANE
- Go to...
Restructuring & Insolvency.
David is a Partner in the Restructuring and Insolvency Team.
David advises on contentious and non-contentious corporate and personal insolvency. He is most frequently found working alongside Insolvency Practitioners or the management team of a struggling business. He has particular expertise in the legal services, retail, hospitality, construction and agricultural sectors. He has also dealt with a number of deceased insolvent estates.
David also advises on antecedent claims, fraud investigation and asset tracing.
David is recognised in the Legal 500 as a “Leader in his field” and is described as “very knowledgeable”.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Praised for its ‘broad experience in both contentious and non-contentious insolvency’, Ashfords LLP is particularly well known for its cross-border work for a wide range of clients. Alan Bennett heads the department with offices in Bristol and Exeter, and sports extensive experience handling insolvencies in a number of jurisdictions. Land and asset recovery as well as insolvent estates of deceased persons are the specialisms of David Pomeroy.
- Hall of Fame - South West > Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - South West > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence