Andrew Quick > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Partner specialising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, with emphasis on corporate transactions (including breach of warranty) and professional negligence disputes.
Articled Frere Cholmeley; qualified 1990; solicitor Frere Cholmeley 1990-97; solicitor Stevens & Bolton LLP 1997-2000; partner 2000.
Bradfield College; University of Exeter (LLB Hons European).
Guildford-based Stevens & Bolton LLP has ‘an excellent, hardworking commercial litigation team‘. It advises on joint venture disputes, warranty claims, and shareholder and partnership issues. Other areas include trading disputes, fraud, bribery, professional negligence claims and contentious trusts. Richard Mumford, who left for REN Legal, was replaced as team head by Sarah Murray in 2019. Managing partner Richard King, Michael Frisby and Andrew Quick are also key advisers. James Lister was promoted to the partnership.
Stevens & Bolton LLP’s franchising team sits within the firm’s corporate and commercial department and includes practitioners from the dispute resolution, real estate and banking and finance teams, among others. Nicola Broadhurst heads up the group and has notable expertise in international franchise expansions, master franchise agreements, area development agreements and international unit franchise agreements. The practice also handles franchise business establishments, international issues, franchise disputes, IP-related work, ethical franchising, e-commerce matters, network resales and property mandates. Sarah Murray and Andrew Quick are the key contacts for contentious work, Andrew Steele handles real estate matters and Helen Wheddon focuses on property disputes, and Tom Lingard is an expert in brand protection and enforcement issues.
One of the largest regional teams, Stevens & Bolton LLP‘s disputes resolution group takes on large-scale litigation and international arbitration. It serves clients in myriad sectors and includes those that are USA-based. Its work also encompasses advising on commercial disputes in areas such as trading disputes, shareholder actions, fraud and negligence. Team head Sarah Murray acts for well-known, international retail clients and Richard Mumford focuses on the aviation sector. Michael Frisby and Richard King provide a wealth of experience in both litigation and arbitration and Andrew Quick has expertise in professional negligence and franchising disputes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport