Michael Frisby > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial Litigation and International Arbitration.
Partner, handling Litigation, International Arbitration, adjudication and ADR for clients in a variety of sectors. He handles complex disputes arising out of projects and transactions, often with an international dimension.
Trained in London at Pickering Kenyon, joined S&B and became partner in 1997.
Society of Construction Law; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; Law Society; TeCSA; British Insurance Law Association.
LLB Hons, CEDR-accredited mediator and FCIArb.
Rugby, golf, family.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Stevens & Bolton LLP regularly advises on international corporate, shareholder and commercial contract disputes across growth areas including the life sciences, energy and fraud spaces. Led by commercial disputes expert Sarah Murray in Guildford, who regularly acts for retail, insurance and healthcare clients and also heads up the firm’s international group, the team has recently handled breach of contract and negligence claims and has a client roster featuring the likes of Allianz Insurance and Phillips. Michael Frisby provides risk management advice and handles litigation, international arbitration and adjudication work. Catherine Penny has substantial experience in contract and earn out disputes, while Andrew Quick specialises in disputes arising out of corporate transactions and franchising arrangements, as well as professional negligence claims.
The ‘very professional‘ team at Stevens & Bolton LLP assists both originators and generics, digital health providers, and trade bodies with logistics arrangements, compliance with MHRA requirements, and know-how licensing. ‘Excellent‘ practice head Charlotte Tillet has ample expertise in licensing, collaboration and research agreements within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Michael Frisby has a great deal of knowledge surrounding risk management issues and international arbitrations, and Gustaf Duhs primarily handles competition related matters, providing ‘clear and on point‘ advice on investigations and judicial reviews concerning importation policies.
Comprising ‘City-quality lawyers, operating at out-of-town prices‘, Guildford firm Stevens & Bolton LLP has notable expertise in the life sciences, IT and technology, energy, insurance and franchising sectors. The team is led by commercial disputes, fraud and asset recovery specialist Sarah Murray, while Michael Frisby is an expert in life sciences, insurance, construction and engineering disputes, along with international arbitration. Also highly regarded, Andrew Quick is ‘a sage and experienced adviser‘, and Catherine Penny advises on a range of commercial disputes.
- Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex South East > Dispute resolution
- Hall of Fame South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation