Michael Frisby > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial Litigation and International Arbitration.
Partner, handling Litigation, International Arbitration, adjudication and ADR for clients in a variety of sectors. He handles complex disputes arising out of projects and transactions, often with an international dimension.
Trained in London at Pickering Kenyon, joined S&B and became partner in 1997.
Society of Construction Law; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; Law Society; TeCSA; British Insurance Law Association.
LLB Hons, CEDR-accredited mediator and FCIArb.
Rugby, golf, family.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Headed by patents specialist Charlotte Tillett, Stevens & Bolton LLP‘s Guildford-based practice attracts clients from the pharmaceutical, biotech, digital health and medical device sectors, in addition to many of the sector stakeholders in the supply chain. It advises on regulatory regimes, IP, data protection and various corporate and commercial transactions, as well as Covid-19 issues concerning licensing and clinical trials. Gustaf Duhs focuses on competition and EU law and Michael Frisby has extensive experience in risk management and disputes.
Guildford-based Stevens & Bolton LLP has one of the largest teams in the south of England handling commercial disputes. Its clients range from UK and foreign multinationals to owner-managed businesses and entrepreneurs. In addition, the practice, which ‘produces a consistently high level of work‘, has sector expertise in energy, food and beverages; IT; retail; insurance and pharmaceuticals. Sarah Murray heads the dispute resolution practice, while much of Michael Frisby’s work involves international elements. Catherine Penny (promoted in 2020) and Andrew Quick are also partners to note.
Stevens & Bolton LLP‘s commercial litigation team advises clients in sectors including energy, retail and pharmaceuticals, including large multinationals. The firm’s Guildford office has one of the largest teams in the South East, led by Sarah Murray. Murray offers clients a ‘reassuring grasp of cases’, and handles disputes both through arbitration and in the High Court. Michael Frisby is particularly experienced in international arbitration, while Andrew Quick specialises in professional negligence and franchising disputes. Richard King continues to be involved in larger cases. Associate Catherine Penny is also recommended by clients for her ‘high degree of professionalism’.
- Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex - South East > Dispute resolution
- Hall of Fame - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Leading individuals - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport