Michael Frisby > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial Litigation and International Arbitration.
Partner, handling Litigation, International Arbitration, adjudication and ADR for clients in a variety of sectors. He handles complex disputes arising out of projects and transactions, often with an international dimension.
Trained in London at Pickering Kenyon, joined S&B and became partner in 1997.
Society of Construction Law; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; Law Society; TeCSA; British Insurance Law Association.
LLB Hons, CEDR-accredited mediator and FCIArb.
Rugby, golf, family.
London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology(Leading individuals)
Charlotte Tillett heads the Guildford-based Stevens & Bolton LLP team whose core work for life sciences clients encompasses IP, regulatory, commercial and competition matters. Tillett, who has a science background, leads on much of the IP commercialisation work including licensing, joint development agreements and IP restructuring. Michael Frisby handles the litigation, arbitration and ADR work and Beverley Flynn undertakes commercial work on an array of contracts as well as data protection issues. Gustaf Duhs has expertise in competition, EU Law and regulatory issues in the life sciences sector.
London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
Guildford-based Stevens & Bolton LLP has ‘an excellent, hardworking commercial litigation team‘. It advises on joint venture disputes, warranty claims, and shareholder and partnership issues. Other areas include trading disputes, fraud, bribery, professional negligence claims and contentious trusts. Richard Mumford, who left for REN Legal, was replaced as team head by Sarah Murray in 2019. Managing partner Richard King, Michael Frisby and Andrew Quick are also key advisers. James Lister was promoted to the partnership.
London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
Stevens & Bolton LLP‘s Guildford-based group has a client roster, which ranges from start-ups to established technology companies and also includes businesses which utilise technology. Practice head Beverley Whittaker has experience handling IT contracts for outsourced services, cloud arrangements and software development and licensing matters, while Gary Parnell excels in the IT and insurance sectors. Other names to note include Beverley Flynn, who leads the data protection practice; IP expert Tom Lingard and litigator Michael Frisby. Managing associate Charles Maurice, who combines IT and IP expertise, has notable outsourcing expertise.
South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex(Hall of Fame)
One of the largest regional teams, Stevens & Bolton LLP‘s disputes resolution group takes on large-scale litigation and international arbitration. It serves clients in myriad sectors and includes those that are USA-based. Its work also encompasses advising on commercial disputes in areas such as trading disputes, shareholder actions, fraud and negligence. Team head Sarah Murray acts for well-known, international retail clients and Richard Mumford focuses on the aviation sector. Michael Frisby and Richard King provide a wealth of experience in both litigation and arbitration and Andrew Quick has expertise in professional negligence and franchising disputes.string(0) "" (Hall of Fame)
- Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex - South East > Dispute resolution
- Hall of Fame - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Leading individuals - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport