Sarah Murray > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Partner and Head of Commercial Litigation from May 2019, with a broad range of experience in handling commercial disputes both for clients across the UK and internationally. Provides strategic expertise and commercially focused risk management advice aimed at resolving disputes quickly, effectively and commercially. Particular experience of cross border litigation, both leading and supporting, seeking urgent injunctive relief and international arbitration. Extensive experience and expertise in ADR techniques.
Trained Herbert Smith, qualified 2003; senior associate 2005 made partner 2013.
American Bar Association
St Catherines College, Oxford, BA (hons) in Law – 2000; College of Law, Guildford, LPC – 2001.
Reading, music and the theatre.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Stevens & Bolton LLP regularly advises on international corporate, shareholder and commercial contract disputes across growth areas including the life sciences, energy and fraud spaces. Led by commercial disputes expert Sarah Murray in Guildford, who regularly acts for retail, insurance and healthcare clients and also heads up the firm’s international group, the team has recently handled breach of contract and negligence claims and has a client roster featuring the likes of Allianz Insurance and Phillips. Michael Frisby provides risk management advice and handles litigation, international arbitration and adjudication work. Catherine Penny has substantial experience in contract and earn out disputes, while Andrew Quick specialises in disputes arising out of corporate transactions and franchising arrangements, as well as professional negligence claims.
Comprising ‘City-quality lawyers, operating at out-of-town prices‘, Guildford firm Stevens & Bolton LLP has notable expertise in the life sciences, IT and technology, energy, insurance and franchising sectors. The team is led by commercial disputes, fraud and asset recovery specialist Sarah Murray, while Michael Frisby is an expert in life sciences, insurance, construction and engineering disputes, along with international arbitration. Also highly regarded, Andrew Quick is ‘a sage and experienced adviser‘, and Catherine Penny advises on a range of commercial disputes.
- Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex South East > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation