Catherine Penny > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Partner specialising in general commercial litigation and international arbitration. Particular interest in life sciences focused disputes, including regulatory aspects, as well as disputes arising from corporate transactions including warranty claims and earn-out disputes.
Qualified in 2009; solicitor Mundays LLP 2009-2013; solicitor Stevens & Bolton LLP 2013, partner 2020.
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; YIAG
Selwyn College, Cambridge University/University of Poitiers, France, BA (hons) in Law; Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, LPC
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Stevens & Bolton LLP regularly advises on international corporate, shareholder and commercial contract disputes across growth areas including the life sciences, energy and fraud spaces. Led by commercial disputes expert Sarah Murray in Guildford, who regularly acts for retail, insurance and healthcare clients and also heads up the firm’s international group, the team has recently handled breach of contract and negligence claims and has a client roster featuring the likes of Allianz Insurance and Phillips. Michael Frisby provides risk management advice and handles litigation, international arbitration and adjudication work. Catherine Penny has substantial experience in contract and earn out disputes, while Andrew Quick specialises in disputes arising out of corporate transactions and franchising arrangements, as well as professional negligence claims.
Stevens & Bolton LLP places particular emphasis on assisting its diverse client roster with ethical franchising issues, which includes franchisors, multi-unit operators, master franchisees, and franchisees in the retail, quick-service restaurants and casual dining, leisure and hospitality, and education industries. Its offering is wide ranging and encompasses setting up franchise documentation, handling disputes, expansion support, and real estate-related mandates. Nicola Broadhurst sits at the helm of the practice in Guildford, with broad expertise in fashion and luxury brands and international expansion. Broadhurst is supported by Tom Lingard, who is skilled in contentious matters and brand protection, and dispute resolution expert Catherine Penny.
Comprising ‘City-quality lawyers, operating at out-of-town prices‘, Guildford firm Stevens & Bolton LLP has notable expertise in the life sciences, IT and technology, energy, insurance and franchising sectors. The team is led by commercial disputes, fraud and asset recovery specialist Sarah Murray, while Michael Frisby is an expert in life sciences, insurance, construction and engineering disputes, along with international arbitration. Also highly regarded, Andrew Quick is ‘a sage and experienced adviser‘, and Catherine Penny advises on a range of commercial disputes.
- Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex South East > Dispute resolution
- Next Generation Partners South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation