Sally Powell > Tees Law > Bishop's Stortford, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
95 London Road
- Go to...
Executive Partner and Head of the Family Team
Sally specialises in financial issues arising from relationship breakdown. Known in the region for advising HNW individuals or their spouses, including cases featuring family businesses, farming families and city high-flyers.
Also advises on complex private law Children Act cases to include the reversal of residence, relocation and leave to remove for the jurisdiction.
Trained at Tees Law; qualified in 2004, partner 2013, executive partner and head of the family department from 2016 onwards.
Resolution; accredited specialist finance and children; Law Society Family Law Panel.
BA Hons American Studies and History, University of Hull; Postgraduate Diploma in Law, College of Law, York
Sally enjoys sports, travel and her dog.
At Tees Law, practitioners in Chelmsford, Brentwood and Saffron Walden are led by Joshua Coombe alongside overall department head Sally Powell. Coombe specialises in complex financial matters involving substantial wealth, company structures and trusts, and also has a range of expertise in family law. More broadly, the group is able to work with other teams in the firm on divorce cases with related company law issues.
The Bishop’s Stortford-based family law team at Tees Law is best known for its experience in dealing with matters involving farming assets and high net worth individuals. The practice is also known for dealing with children issues, wealth held in company structures and trusts with tax implications. Practice head Sally Powell is a specialist in financial proceedings and family trusts. Associate Helen Midgley has experience in pension matters and as a mediator.
- Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx - South East > Private client
- Family: Essex - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Essex
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Essex
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Public sector