Mr Randolph Khoo > Drew & Napier LLC > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Drew & Napier LLC Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#10-01 OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Mr Randolph Khoo
Director, Dispute Resolution;
Head, Family and International Personal Relationships Practice
Randolph is a Director in our Dispute Resolution Department, and heads the dispute resolution practices of the Greater China, India and International Trade Desk and Private Client Services Group.
He is keenly involved in arbitration and international disputes. Randolph has been recognised by Chambers Global 2017 as a leading practitioner in the area of dispute resolution in Singapore and China for the past six years, in addition to being endorsed by Best Lawyers International 2017 for arbitration and mediation in Singapore.
Randolph has been praised by legal publications and clients for being “especially experienced in China-related arbitrations, having advised numerous Chinese clients on high-stakes disputes, and acted as counsel in arbitrations held under CIETAC rules”; and as a “Leader of a ‘very accessible and efficient’ team, who is ’well versed in international arbitration, willing to listen and extremely business-oriented’.” (Chambers and Partners)
Randolph joined Drew & Napier in 1990 after graduating with academic prizes and topping the final examination and public international law course at the National University of Singapore.
- Primary Panel Arbitrator, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Panel Arbitrator, Law Society of Singapore Arbitration Scheme
- Panel Arbitrator & Mediator, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration
- Panel Arbitrator, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
- Panel Arbitrator (Foreigner), Shanghai Arbitration Commission
- Panel Arbitrator of the Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (Shanghai International Arbitration Center)
- Panel Arbitrator of the South China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission / Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration
- Arbitrator, The Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei
- International Arbitrator, Institute of Modern Arbitration of the Russian Federation
- Mediator & Neutral, The Mediation & Conciliation Network
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Arbitrators’ & Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand
- Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Indian Council of Arbitration
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Society of International Law (Singapore)
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Notary Public & Commissioner for Oaths
- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (1989)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (1990)
Singapore > Dispute resolution: local firms
Drew & Napier LLC remains a dispute resolution powerhouse, despite the headline departure of the iconic Davinder Singh SC, Jaikanth Shankar and Pardeep Khosa to launch Davinder Singh Chambers. The remaining team continues to be highly rated thanks to the presence of big names such as chief executive Cavinder Bull SC, Jimmy Yim SC and the recently appointed senior counsel Siraj Omar SC who joined from RPC Premier Law with a team of eight in July 2019; he provides additional firepower in banking and insolvency disputes. Moreover, the firm bolstered its standing in tax disputes with the hire of Ong Sim Ho from his own eponymous firm. The team is routinely engaged in big-ticket and bet-the-company type disputes and has a tremendous record in arbitration-related court proceedings. Mahesh Rai is highly regarded for construction and engineering disputes, while Wendell Wong, Randolph Khoo, Gary Low, Benedict Teo and Blossom Hing are also important names. Adam Maniam is an emerging talent and Bryan Wong is an outstanding senior associate.
Singapore > International arbitration
Drew & Napier LLC has gained considerable traction in the arbitration market in recent years, thanks in part to the commitment, dedication and profile of key figures such as Cavinder Bull SC. The firm has made an impact in commercial and investor-state arbitrations, acting for a wide variety of regional and international clients, including governments. Jimmy Yim SC, Randolph Khoo and Yuet Min Foo are also highly rated, as is emerging figure Mahesh Rai.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms