Mr Randolph Khoo > Drew & Napier LLC > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Drew & Napier LLC Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#10-01 OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Mr Randolph Khoo
Director, Dispute Resolution;
Head, Family and International Personal Relationships Practice
Randolph is a Director in our Dispute Resolution Department, and heads the dispute resolution practices of the Greater China, India and International Trade Desk and Private Client Services Group.
He is keenly involved in arbitration and international disputes. Randolph has been recognised by Chambers Global 2017 as a leading practitioner in the area of dispute resolution in Singapore and China for the past six years, in addition to being endorsed by Best Lawyers International 2017 for arbitration and mediation in Singapore.
Randolph has been praised by legal publications and clients for being “especially experienced in China-related arbitrations, having advised numerous Chinese clients on high-stakes disputes, and acted as counsel in arbitrations held under CIETAC rules”; and as a “Leader of a ‘very accessible and efficient’ team, who is ’well versed in international arbitration, willing to listen and extremely business-oriented’.” (Chambers and Partners)
Randolph joined Drew & Napier in 1990 after graduating with academic prizes and topping the final examination and public international law course at the National University of Singapore.
- Primary Panel Arbitrator, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Panel Arbitrator, Law Society of Singapore Arbitration Scheme
- Panel Arbitrator & Mediator, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration
- Panel Arbitrator, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
- Panel Arbitrator (Foreigner), Shanghai Arbitration Commission
- Panel Arbitrator of the Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (Shanghai International Arbitration Center)
- Panel Arbitrator of the South China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission / Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration
- Arbitrator, The Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei
- International Arbitrator, Institute of Modern Arbitration of the Russian Federation
- Mediator & Neutral, The Mediation & Conciliation Network
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Arbitrators’ & Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand
- Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Indian Council of Arbitration
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Society of International Law (Singapore)
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Notary Public & Commissioner for Oaths
- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (1989)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (1990)
Local firm Drew & Napier LLC acts for multinational companies (particularly those based in Singapore as well India, China, Brunei and Indonesia) and foreign governments in commercial and investor-state arbitration. For the latter, the ‘outstanding‘ Cavinder Bull SC, who jointly leads the team alongside Jimmy Yim, SC and Randolph Khoo, has an impressive reputation. The group is also particularly strong for disputes in the construction and engineering sector, for which Christopher Chong, Mahesh Rai and Kelvin Teo (who recently joined from Cavenagh Law LLP) are key contacts. Other names to note include Siraj Omar SC and Blossom Hing.
Drew & Napier LLC‘s team is lauded as ‘reputable, professional, tactical and knowledgeable‘, particularly in high-profile matters before the Singapore and international courts, alongside a wealth of experience in cross-border arbitration and litigation disputes. Of particular note are Cavinder Bull, Jimmy Yim, Siraj Omar, SC, and Randolph Khoo who have extensive courtroom experience in commercial litigation and arbitration across a number of sectors. Rakesh Kirpalani is a ‘fantastic litigator‘ in the realm of technology and intellectual property; Blossom Hing and Wendell Wong are recommended for shareholder, corporate restructuring, and criminal law disputes, respectively. Adam Maniam, Mahesh Rai, and senior associate Bryan Wong make up the other key figures.
|Singapore: Litigation||June 2021||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Litigation laws and regulations that may occur in Singapore.|
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Tax: local firms