Mr Wendell Wong > Drew & Napier LLC > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Drew & Napier LLC Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#10-01 OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Mr Wendell Wong
Director, Dispute Resolution
Wendell is a highly respected civil and criminal lawyer. His civil-commercial practice includes contracts and commercial disputes, shareholder and director disputes, asset recovery work, medical negligence, product liability, and arbitration work. His criminal practice focuses on commercial and business crime, fraud, securities, corruption, corporate governance related offences and investigation work.
Wendell also regularly engages in regulatory and compliance advisory work, including anti-fraud and anti-bribery investigations work for multinational companies. He is on the panel of lawyers representing various embassies in Singapore, including those of the United States of America and Qatar.
Wendell is an experienced arbitration counsel who has acted as lead counsel in numerous disputes and international arbitrations under the rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL).
Wendell is a strong advocate of pro bono work and was one of the pioneer trainers for International Bridges to Justice, a Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Criminal Justice Training for ASEAN Countries in Singapore and Laos in 2011 and involving Myanmar in 2013. He is also a mentor with the Criminal Legal Aid Fellowship, Law Society of Singapore.
Wendell joined Drew & Napier in 2000, having spent three years as Deputy Public Prosecutor/ State Counsel with the Attorney General’s Chambers.
- Administrative & Public Law
- Asset Recovery
- Commercial Litigation
- Competition Law & Regulatory Practice
- Corporate Litigation
- Family & International Personal Relationships
- International Arbitration
- International Trade
- Projects, Energy & Infrastructure
- Wills, Probate and Estate Administration
- Member of Penal Code Review Committee 2018, Ministry of Law
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Solicitor, England & Wales; Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
- Chairman, Criminal Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Immediate past Co-chairman, Legal Affairs Committee, American Chamber of Commerce, Singapore
- Panel member of US Embassy, Singapore’s list of attorneys
- Panel member of list of lawyers for Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands, Singapore
- Panel member of list of lawyers for Embassy of Sweden, Singapore
- List of lawyers for Embassy for the Republic of Indonesia, Singapore
- Panel Member, Lead Counsel, Supreme Court’s Legal Assistance Scheme for Capital Offences
- Panel of Counsel for Disciplinary Matters, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme, Law Society of Singapore
- Mentor, Criminal Legal Aid Fellowship, Law Society of Singapore
- Panel Member, Investigation and Disciplinary Panel, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Member, ASEAN Law Association
- Member, Business China, Singapore
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Selection Panel, School of Law, SIM University
- Member, Singapore Institute of International Affairs
- Member, Singapore Institute of Directors
- Immediate Past Advisor, Singapore Nightlife Business Association
- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (1997)
- Gazetted as Deputy Public Prosecutor/ State Counsel
- Attorney-General’s Chambers, Singapore, 1997-2000
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore Solicitor, England & Wales, 2002
Drew & Napier LLC‘s celebrated contentious skills are frequently in evidence in the white-collar crime segment. Wendell Wong is co-head of investigations and criminal law practice; he has an outstanding reputation for representing individuals in bribery and corruption investigations and cases. Mahesh Rai has also impressed in investigations, aside from his work in construction, arbitration, and litigation.
Drew & Napier LLC‘s team is lauded as ‘reputable, professional, tactical and knowledgeable‘, particularly in high-profile matters before the Singapore and international courts, alongside a wealth of experience in cross-border arbitration and litigation disputes. Of particular note are Cavinder Bull, Jimmy Yim, Siraj Omar, SC, and Randolph Khoo who have extensive courtroom experience in commercial litigation and arbitration across a number of sectors. Rakesh Kirpalani is a ‘fantastic litigator‘ in the realm of technology and intellectual property; Blossom Hing and Wendell Wong are recommended for shareholder, corporate restructuring, and criminal law disputes, respectively. Adam Maniam, Mahesh Rai, and senior associate Bryan Wong make up the other key figures.
|Singapore: Bribery & Corruption||May 2021||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Bribery & Corruption laws and regulations that may occur in Singapore.|
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Tax: local firms