Ms Blossom Hing > Drew & Napier LLC > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Drew & Napier LLC Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#10-01 OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Ms Blossom Hing
Corporate Restructuring & Workouts; Dispute Resolution
Director, Corporate Restructuring & Workouts;
Director, Dispute Resolution
Blossom’s practice is focused on debt restructuring and insolvency work. She is also actively involved in court (appearing before the Singapore High Court and Court of Appeal) and arbitration (SIAC, LCIA and IICRA) work, handling contentious commercial, shareholder, employment and other disputes involving companies in liquidation.
She works extensively with clients based in Indonesia, China, Hong Kong, the US and Europe as well as Singapore. Blossom has been recognized in Asia Pacific Legal 500, Chambers Asia-Pacific, IFLR1000, Asialaw Leading Lawyers, Asialaw Profiles and Best Lawyers International for her dispute resolution and restructuring/insolvency work.
- Advisory Board, School of Law, Singapore Management University
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law (SAL)
- Member, Sub-committee on Litigation Funding in Insolvency Cases, SAL, Law Reform Committee
- Member, Advocacy Committee, The Law Society of Singapore
- Director, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (Singapore Chapter)
- L.L.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (1996)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar in May 1997
- Admitted to the New York Bar in 2004
Singapore > Dispute resolution: local firms
Drew & Napier LLC remains a dispute resolution powerhouse, despite the headline departure of the iconic Davinder Singh SC, Jaikanth Shankar and Pardeep Khosa to launch Davinder Singh Chambers. The remaining team continues to be highly rated thanks to the presence of big names such as chief executive Cavinder Bull SC, Jimmy Yim SC and the recently appointed senior counsel Siraj Omar SC who joined from RPC Premier Law with a team of eight in July 2019; he provides additional firepower in banking and insolvency disputes. Moreover, the firm bolstered its standing in tax disputes with the hire of Ong Sim Ho from his own eponymous firm. The team is routinely engaged in big-ticket and bet-the-company type disputes and has a tremendous record in arbitration-related court proceedings. Mahesh Rai is highly regarded for construction and engineering disputes, while Wendell Wong, Randolph Khoo, Gary Low, Benedict Teo and Blossom Hing are also important names. Adam Maniam is an emerging talent and Bryan Wong is an outstanding senior associate.
Singapore > Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
An ‘established practice‘ with ‘very competent professionals‘, Drew & Napier LLC is regularly involved in some of the largest restructuring exercises in Asia, including advising the board of directors of Ezra Holdings on the $1.56bn debt restructuring of the Ezra Group and advising Brightoil Petroleum on its $916m debt restructuring. Practice heads Sushil Nair and Julian Kwek lead ‘a superb team that achieves excellent results in the most complicated cross-border restructurings‘. Blossom Hing has extensive experience working with clients from Indonesia, China and Hong Kong; Chan Wei Meng and Mohan Gopalan are ‘technically very knowledgeable‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms