Pinky Siu > Deacons > Hong Kong, Hong Kong > Lawyer Profile
5TH FLOOR, ALEXANDRA HOUSE
18 CHATER ROAD, CENTRAL
- Go to...
Financail Services practice group
Pinky has substantial experience advising on the establishment of a wide range of listed and unlisted retail funds in Hong Kong, including SFC-authorised collective investment schemes, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), constituent funds of MPF schemes, approved pooled investment funds (APIFs) and index-tracking collective investment schemes (ILAS).
Pinky also handles a wide range of securities and compliance matters affecting the asset management industry, including advising on Hong Kong’s disclosure of interests regulations and short position reporting. She has considerable experience on SFC regulatory and compliance issues, and regularly advises SFC licensed intermediaries on their ongoing obligations.
- Assisted a client on the successful listing of its first ETF in Hong Kong. It is the first ETF which invests in onshore iron ore futures via the Dalian Commodity Exchange’s futures product internationalisation scheme, which permits Hong Kong and overseas managers to participate in the trading of Mainland Chinese iron ore futures.
- Assisted an international investment manager in obtaining regulatory approval in connection with delisting and termination of its China A International ETF.
- Assisted a substantial asset manager on the successful launch of three thematic ETFs designed for investors seeking exposure to the growing Chinese biotech and cloud computing sectors. The ETFs are the first of their kind to be listed on the Hong Kong exchange.
- Advising on application for approval of regulated collective investment schemes; liaising with regulators – including the SFC, MPFA, Stock Exchange and AMCM (Monetary Authority of Macao); preparing and reviewing relevant documentation.
Member, The Law Society of Hong Kong
PCLL, University of Hong Kong, 2008
LLB, University of Hong Kong, 2007
BBA (Law), University of Hong Kong, 2006
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Drawing upon significant market intel and also benefitting from strong ties with Hong Kong’s Securities and Futures Commission (SFC), Deacons ‘understands the Hong Kong fund market very well’, particularly in the context of retail funds. In this segment of the market, Jeremy Lam spearheads a ‘cost-effective’ team that ‘handles the majority of authorised funds in Hong Kong’, for Chinese and international fund managers. The ‘very dependable’ Su Cheen Chuah and Pinky Siu, who is able to draw from an ‘abundance of experience’, both excel in the ETF space, and are able to guide many leading sponsors through the fund life cycle, from structuring advice and stock exchange listing guidance, through to advice on marketing and distribution, as well as on post-authorisation and regulatory developments. Taylor Hui has excellent traction among Chinese stakeholders across both retail and private funds; he excels at advising PRC fund managers on fund establishment in Hong Kong and on bringing RMB investment products to the Hong Kong market.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&A: independent Hong Kong law firms
- Intellectual property
- Investment funds
- Labour and employment
- Real estate
- Antitrust and competition
- Capital markets (debt)
- Capital markets (equity)
- Corporate (including M&A)
- Dispute resolution: international arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Domestic and International Corporate Tax
- Private Client and Family
- Banking and finance