Ming Chiu Li > Deacons > Hong Kong, Hong Kong > Lawyer Profile
5TH FLOOR, ALEXANDRA HOUSE
18 CHATER ROAD, CENTRAL
- Go to...
Ming Chiu Li
Financial Services pratice group
Ming Chiu Li has extensive experience in investment funds, specialising in SFC authorised funds and MPF and pension funds. He also advises clients on a wide range of regulatory and compliance issues that arise in relation to investment management activity and fund operations, under both the SFC and MPFA regulatory regime.
Ming Chiu has a particular interest in innovative fund products, especially those related to China. He has been involved in many “firsts” in the SFC-authorised fund space, such as the first RMB-denominated fund (2010), the first “RQFII” fund (2011) and the first Mainland recognised fund (under the Mainland-Hong Kong mutual recognition scheme) (2015).
- Assisting clients in establishing and seeking the SFC’s authorisation of collective investment schemes in Hong Kong and preparation of documentation.
- Assisting clients in establishing RMB denominated investment funds, RQFII funds, mutual fund recognition and open-ended fund companies.
- On-going compliance work for SFC licensed corporations and representatives as well as authorised collective investment schemes in Hong Kong.
- Advising clients on legal and regulatory matters in relation to Hong Kong Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes.
Member, The Law Society of Hong Kong
LLB, The University of Hong Kong, 2005
PCLL, The University of Hong Kong, 2006
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&A: independent Hong Kong law firms
- Intellectual property
- Investment funds
- Labour and employment
- Real estate
- Antitrust and competition
- Capital markets (debt)
- Capital markets (equity)
- Corporate (including M&A)
- Dispute resolution: international arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Domestic and International Corporate Tax
- Private Client and Family
- Banking and finance