Laura Holdaway > Mills & Reeve LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
100 HILLS ROAD
- Go to...
Laura specialises in real estate finance transactions and leads the real estate finance team. Laura has specialised in real estate finance matters since qualification having previously been in house at Sears plc. Laura’s recent work includes advising a London based fund manager on a series of large portfolio refinancings in excess of £350m, advising an AIM listed residential developer on the complex structuring and funding arrangements for a £100m residential development in Stratford; advising a local enterprise partnership on infrastructure findings for high profile development projects and advising a major UK clearing bank on a series of property development and investment facilities in in excess of £100m.
Qualified 1998; legal manager for Sears plc 1994-96; trainee solicitor EMW Law Northampton 1996-98; solicitor EMW Law 1998-2000; Mills & Reeve LLP 2000 to present; partner 2007.
Harrow Way School, Andover; Basingstoke College; University of Leicester (1993 LLB Hons); De Montford University (1994 LPC – Commendation).
Travel, reading, walking.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP is praised for providing ‘the benefit of good lawyers without London prices or arrogance‘. The firm’s national banking and finance practice includes a highly regarded real estate finance team that handles complex and high-value transactions across the UK. The firm acts for large corporate borrowers and major universities in their funding activities, as well as advising banks such as HSBC. Corporate and acquisition finance partner William Roles leads the practice from Cambridge, where not-for-profit finance specialist Sarah Seed and real estate finance partner Laura Holdaway are pivotal figures in the practice. Zak Virgin in Norwich is the key contact for asset-based lending. Cambridge-based principal associates Matthew Howling and Frances Churchard also specialise in banking and finance.
- Banking and finance - East Anglia > Finance
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Finance > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector