William Roles > Mills & Reeve LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
100 HILLS ROAD
- Go to...
Partner and head of banking and finance, advising lenders and borrowers on debt finance including acquisition finance, securitisation and trade and asset finance.
Trained Steggles Palmer; solicitor Wildes 1997-99; solicitor Eversheds 1999-2004; partner and head of banking and finance Mills & Reeve 2004.
Ardingly; Reading University (1991 BA Hons History and Politics).
Chelsea FC, golf, rugby union and family.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP is praised for providing ‘the benefit of good lawyers without London prices or arrogance‘. The firm’s national banking and finance practice includes a highly regarded real estate finance team that handles complex and high-value transactions across the UK. The firm acts for large corporate borrowers and major universities in their funding activities, as well as advising banks such as HSBC. Corporate and acquisition finance partner William Roles leads the practice from Cambridge, where not-for-profit finance specialist Sarah Seed and real estate finance partner Laura Holdaway are pivotal figures in the practice. Zak Virgin in Norwich is the key contact for asset-based lending. Cambridge-based principal associates Matthew Howling and Frances Churchard also specialise in banking and finance.
- Banking and finance - East Anglia > Finance
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Finance > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector