John Wiblin > Longmores Solicitors LLP > Hertford, England > Lawyer Profile
Longmores Solicitors LLP Offices
24 CASTLE STREET
- Go to...
Partner and Head of Dispute Resolution
John has had a distinguished legal career dealing with all manner of commercial disputes.
John started his legal career with a Pupillage at the Johannesburg Bar in 1998. He practised as a barrister at Group 725 Innes Chambers and was admitted to the California Bar 2002 also qualifying as an Attorney in California in 2003. In 2004 he qualified as a solicitor in the UK and joined Longmores. John is also a Solicitor-Advocate with the right to appear in any court in England and Wales and a qualified Arbitrator and Mediator.
John as been a Partner at Longmores since 2012 and specialises in:
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Theft and misuse of commercially confidential information
- Search orders and injunctions
- Matters relating to the recruitment industry
- Unfair prejudice claims
- Copyright and trademark infringement and disputes
- Claims against directors
Afrikaans, reads Dutch, conversational French.
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators since 2006
BA(Hons) LL.B LL.M. H.Dip. Co. Law (University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg)
MA (UK, EU & US Copyright Law) (King’s College, London), Dip. Arb (CIArb),
Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator (London School of Mediation)
Training at Harvard Law School in Basic and Advanced Negotiation
John is Chairman of his village parish council.
John loves listening to music and has an extensive vinyl collection. He enjoys concerts and foreign films and has takes French classes for the past several years.
Longmores Solicitors LLP‘s ‘outstanding‘ team is located in Hertford, and the group assists a varied client roster including insolvency practitioners and medical recruitment businesses. The ‘very competent and professional‘ John Wiblin heads up practice, while John Wagstaffe leads on the property litigation side. Wiblin handles unfair prejudice claims and partnership disputes, and ‘star’ practitioner Nathanael Young is adept at advising on defamation and cross-border litigation. Associate Lauren MacKenzie is ‘super efficient, knowledgeable and professional‘, focusing on contentious probate and insolvency disputes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx