Nathanael Young > Longmores Solicitors LLP > Hertford, England > Lawyer Profile
Longmores Solicitors LLP Offices
24 CASTLE STREET
- Go to...
Partner in Dispute Resolution
Nat is an insolvency expert advising on a range of matters including bringing and defending claims on behalf of insolvency practitioners, bankruptcy, winding up petitions, annulment applications and disputes with trustees in bankruptcy. He is experienced handling high-profile disputes for a broad range of clients from businesses to individuals – a number of which have led to reported decisions. He also has experience with cross border litigation.
Nat has always taken a proactive approach to legal practice. He started his career at just 16 years old, working his way up to qualify as a legal executive in 2005. He then obtained an LPC and LLM in Commercial Legal Practice before qualifying as a solicitor in 2008. Nat has also obtained Higher Rights of Audience and is perfectly at home litigating at all court levels.
Nat joined Longmores in 2019 advising on matters including:
- Bringing and defending claims on behalf of insolvency practitioners
- Bankruptcy and winding up petitions
- Annulment applications and disputes with trustees in bankruptcy
- Defamation, including libel, slander and malicious falsehood claims
- Intellectually property, including patent, trademark, copyright and design litigation
- Director disqualifications
- Asset recovery and freezing injunctions
- Shareholder and partner disputes
- Professional negligence disputes
- Claims arising from the sale of businesses
- Construction disputes
- IT and technology litigation
- Charity litigation and advice to trustees
- Contentious probate claims and litigation arising from trusts and private members’ clubs
BPP Law School (2006-2009) LLM in Commercial Law and LPC
Outside of work, Nat volunteers for St Michael’s in St Albans and was a District Councillor for Verulam Ward between 2010 and 2014.
In the free time that isn’t taken up by his children, Nat enjoys literature, music, cycling. He is also a keen amateur photographer and has been published in Amateur Photographer.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Longmores Solicitors LLP‘s ‘outstanding‘ team is located in Hertford, and the group assists a varied client roster including insolvency practitioners and medical recruitment businesses. The ‘very competent and professional‘ John Wiblin heads up practice, while John Wagstaffe leads on the property litigation side. Wiblin handles unfair prejudice claims and partnership disputes, and ‘star’ practitioner Nathanael Young is adept at advising on defamation and cross-border litigation. Associate Lauren MacKenzie is ‘super efficient, knowledgeable and professional‘, focusing on contentious probate and insolvency disputes.
- Next Generation Partners South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx South East > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx