Sally Leonards > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Sally Leonards is a longstanding partner in the clinical negligence department at JMW. She handles high value clinical negligence compensation claims but has particular expertise in unusual, complex and catastrophic injury cases especially birth injury, brain and spinal injury claims. In her 25+ years career Sally has secured numerous multimillion-pound settlements for children and adults in need of specialist care and accommodation due to cerebral palsy and other brain injuries. Sally’s most recent settlement amounts to £25 million. Sally’s most recent settlements for children with brain injuries have included 2 cases with compensation of £25 million each and another settlement of £15 million.
Cauda equina syndrome claims are another specialist area for Sally and she is currently representing numerous victims of this type of medical negligence across the country.
Trained Boote Edgar Esterkin, Manchester; qualified 1995; JMW since December 1996. Partner 2001 to date. Has provided training for lawyers on behalf of Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) and the Spinal injury Association.
Basic French and a smattering of Spanish
Law Society, Association of Personal Injury Lawyers; Action against Medical Accidents.
Bolton County Grammar School; Liverpool University (1986 BA Hons); Manchester Metropolitan University (1992 CPE; 1993 LSF).
Yoga, cinema, dance, modern art, cooking.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence)
The ‘fabulous team of rigorous, committed and caring solicitors’ at JMW Solicitors LLP focuses on high value and complex work, regularly securing multimillion-pound settlements for clients. The clinical negligence practice has particular expertise in high-value brain and spinal injury cases, particularly cerebral palsy, kernicterus and cauda equina syndrome; the ‘compassionate and sympathetic‘ Eddie Jones heads the department. Sally Leonards is noted for her experience in cerebral palsy claims, ‘instilling confidence in clients‘ who ‘trust her implicitly‘ while Angharad Hughes, Melissa Gardner and Steven Brown are also key members of the team. Senior associate Jodie Miller is also well-regarded for her work on complex cases. Richard Powell leads the personal injury team, which handles minor to catastrophic injuries, including head trauma, spinal injuries and fibromyalgia. The group also has specialisms in industrial diseases and motorcycle accidents. The ‘highly experienced and utterly unflappable‘ Joanne Brine primarily deals with cross-border complex and catastrophic personal injury claims.
- Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant