Sally Leonards > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Sally Leonards is a longstanding partner in the clinical negligence department at JMW. She handles high value clinical negligence compensation claims but has particular expertise in unusual, complex and catastrophic injury cases especially birth injury, brain and spinal injury claims. In her 25+ years career Sally has secured numerous multimillion-pound settlements for children and adults in need of specialist care and accommodation due to cerebral palsy and other brain injuries. Sally’s most recent settlement amounts to £25 million. Sally’s most recent settlements for children with brain injuries have included 2 cases with compensation of £25 million each and another settlement of £15 million.
Cauda equina syndrome claims are another specialist area for Sally and she is currently representing numerous victims of this type of medical negligence across the country.
Trained Boote Edgar Esterkin, Manchester; qualified 1995; JMW since December 1996. Partner 2001 to date. Has provided training for lawyers on behalf of Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) and the Spinal injury Association.
Basic French and a smattering of Spanish
Law Society, Association of Personal Injury Lawyers; Action against Medical Accidents.
Bolton County Grammar School; Liverpool University (1986 BA Hons); Manchester Metropolitan University (1992 CPE; 1993 LSF).
Yoga, cinema, dance, modern art, cooking.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence)
JMW Solicitors LLP‘s clinical negligence team, led by Eddie Jones , specialises in high-value brain and spinal injury cases and offers specific expertise in cerebral palsy, kernicterus and cauda equina syndrome matters. Steven Brown, Angharad Hughes , Melissa Gardner and Sally Leonards are key members of the team, handling cerebral palsy, brain and spinal injury claims. Senior associates Jodie Miller and Nicholas Young are further names to note. The personal injury department, led by Richard Powell , deals with matters across the full spectrum of personal injury law, including head trauma, spinal injuries and fibromyalgia. The practice also specialises in industrial diseases and motorcycle accidents. Paul Breen oversees the catastrophic injury team whilst Clare Stevens heads up the military department. Gordon Cartwright handles pediatric brain injury claims and Andrew Lilley deals with catastrophic brain and spinal injury issues. Joanne Brine is recognised for her knowledge across the sector, while Nadia Kerr leads the specialist cycling injury team.
- Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction