Sally Leonards > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Sally Leonards is a longstanding partner in the clinical negligence department at JMW. She handles high value clinical negligence compensation claims but has particular expertise in unusual, complex and catastrophic injury cases especially birth injury, brain and spinal injury claims. In her 20+ years career Sally has secured numerous multimillion-pound settlements for children and adults in need of specialist care and accommodation due to cerebral palsy and other brain injuries. Sally’s most recent settlement amounts to £25 million.
Cauda equina syndrome claims are another specialist area for Sally and she is currently representing numerous victims of this type of medical negligence across the country. Sally also recently settled a case for a young man with a misdiagnosed hip condition securing a very substantial settlement of £2.25 million.
Trained Boote Edgar Esterkin, Manchester; qualified 1995; JMW since December 1996. Partner 2001 to date. Has provided training for lawyers on behalf of Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) and the Spinal injury Association.
Basic French and a smattering of Spanish
Law Society, Association of Personal Injury Lawyers; Action against Medical Accidents.
Bolton County Grammar School; Liverpool University (1986 BA Hons); Manchester Metropolitan University (1992 CPE; 1993 LSF).
Yoga, cinema, dance, modern art, cooking.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence)
JMW Solicitors LLP ‘punches well above its weight in cases of high value and complex personal injury and clinical negligence work‘, handling a range of matters including catastrophic injuries, brain and spinal injuries. Key members of the team include the ‘conscientious, efficient and sympathetic‘ Angharad Hughes and the ‘outstanding‘ Sally Leonards; the practice has a record of work on cases involving amputations, industrial diseases including mesothelioma, and cycling and motorcycle accidents. The department also has specialist expertise in cerebral palsy, kernicterus and cauda equina syndrome claims, and has niche experience in accidents abroad and military claims. Richard Powell leads the personal injury team, and Eddie Jones heads the clinical negligence team. Joanne Brine heads JMW’s international personal injury department. Steven Brown is also recommended.
- Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant