Eddie Jones > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Eddie Jones is head of the clinical negligence department at JMW. As well as overseeing the running of the department, Eddie handles serious and high-value compensation claims arising from avoidable patient injury. This includes maximum severity cerebral palsy claims relating to birth and neonatal care errors. He has won many of these complex claims and secured a £26m care package for a boy who sustained brain damage during his birth after signs that he was in distress were not acted on and his delivery delayed. Eddie also has extensive experience of cauda equina syndrome claims and is recognised as a leading practitioner nationally. In 2019 he secured one of the highest compensation settlements paid by an English hospital trust on a cauda equina syndrome claim at £9.3m. Eddie has led his practice to develop significant expertise in cauda equina claims and its average compensation settlement is significantly higher than the national average. Eddie was Partner of the Year in the 2019 Manchester Legal Awards. He is also involved with numerous charities and support services.
Trained Peasgood’s Solicitors; qualified 1992; assistant solicitor Hempsons/NWRHA 1993-96; JMW Solicitors 1996 to date, partner 1998; board of directors of children’s charity the Legacy Rainbow House.
Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Panel; Action against Medical Accidents solicitors’ referral panel.
Ponteland County High School, Northumberland; University of Oxford (1988 BA Hons).
Cycling, hill walking, following the misfortunes of Newcastle United Football Club.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence)
JMW Solicitors LLP‘s clinical negligence team, led by Eddie Jones , specialises in high-value brain and spinal injury cases and offers specific expertise in cerebral palsy, kernicterus and cauda equina syndrome matters. Steven Brown, Angharad Hughes , Melissa Gardner and Sally Leonards are key members of the team, handling cerebral palsy, brain and spinal injury claims. Senior associates Jodie Miller and Nicholas Young are further names to note. The personal injury department, led by Richard Powell , deals with matters across the full spectrum of personal injury law, including head trauma, spinal injuries and fibromyalgia. The practice also specialises in industrial diseases and motorcycle accidents. Paul Breen oversees the catastrophic injury team whilst Clare Stevens heads up the military department. Gordon Cartwright handles pediatric brain injury claims and Andrew Lilley deals with catastrophic brain and spinal injury issues. Joanne Brine is recognised for her knowledge across the sector, while Nadia Kerr leads the specialist cycling injury team.
- Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction