Eddie Jones > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Eddie Jones is head of the clinical negligence department at JMW. As well as overseeing the running of the department, Eddie handles serious and high-value compensation claims arising from avoidable patient injury. This includes maximum severity cerebral palsy claims relating to birth and neonatal care errors. He has won many of these complex claims and secured a £26m care package for a boy who sustained brain damage during his birth after signs that he was in distress were not acted on and his delivery delayed. Eddie also has extensive experience of cauda equina syndrome claims and is recognised as a leading practitioner nationally. In 2019 he secured one of the highest compensation settlements paid by an English hospital trust on a cauda equina syndrome claim at £9.3m. Eddie has led his practice to develop significant expertise in cauda equina claims and its average compensation settlement is significantly higher than the national average. Eddie was Partner of the Year in the 2019 Manchester Legal Awards. He is also involved with numerous charities and support services.
Trained Peasgood’s Solicitors; qualified 1992; assistant solicitor Hempsons/NWRHA 1993-96; JMW Solicitors 1996 to date, partner 1998; board of directors of children’s charity the Legacy Rainbow House.
Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Panel; Action against Medical Accidents solicitors’ referral panel.
Ponteland County High School, Northumberland; University of Oxford (1988 BA Hons).
Cycling, hill walking, following the misfortunes of Newcastle United Football Club.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
JMW Solicitors LLP ‘provides an excellent service in the north west, with a national reach in claimant clinical negligence work‘. Eddie Jones leads the department, which is well-renowned for its expertise in settling high-value and contentious brain injury and spinal injury cases defended by the NHS, in particular those involving kernicterus brain injury and caudal equine syndrome spinal injury. Angharad Hughes ‘is determined, efficient and tactically astute‘, while Sally Leonards and senior associate Steven Brown are also highly rated.
- Clinical negligence: claimant - North West > Insurance
- Leading individuals - North West > Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery