Angharad Hughes > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Partner specialising in brain and spinal injury.
Angharad has developed great expertise in a wide range of clinical negligence claims and now focuses on cases involving serious injuries to patients, including brain damage, spinal injuries and fatalities.
In 2018 she obtained a compensation settlement totalling £22 million for a child who suffered brain damage after their birth was mismanaged to cover the cost of his lifelong care. In the same year she secured £1.75 million for a man left with permanent disabilities due to negligent treatment of cauda equina syndrome. Angharad also has specialist experience in kernicterus cases and in 2015 obtained £8.8 million for a young boy with this form of severe brain damage due to mistakes made in the treatment of newborn jaundice.
Trained at Abney Garsden McDonald Solicitors, qualified in 2008. JMW Solicitors 2007 to date, initially as a trainee before progressing to Partner in 2015.
Very basic French and Japanese
Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel, APIL member
Highfields Secondary School, Wolverhampton, University of Wales, Swansea ( LLB 2002), College of Law (LPC 2005)
Walking my dogs and being part of my partner’s microbrewery business as well as travel.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence)
JMW Solicitors LLP ‘punches well above its weight in cases of high value and complex personal injury and clinical negligence work‘, handling a range of matters including catastrophic injuries, brain and spinal injuries. Key members of the team include the ‘conscientious, efficient and sympathetic‘ Angharad Hughes and the ‘outstanding‘ Sally Leonards; the practice has a record of work on cases involving amputations, industrial diseases including mesothelioma, and cycling and motorcycle accidents. The department also has specialist expertise in cerebral palsy, kernicterus and cauda equina syndrome claims, and has niche experience in accidents abroad and military claims. Richard Powell leads the personal injury team, and Eddie Jones heads the clinical negligence team. Joanne Brine heads JMW’s international personal injury department. Steven Brown is also recommended.
- Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant