Jane Williams > Freeths LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
ONE COLTON SQUARE
- Go to...
Personal injury/clinical negligence.
Partner advising on clinical negligence and catastrophic injury claims with particular expertise in brain and spinal injury claims.
Jane is head of department and has more than 24 years experience of bringing clinical negligence claims. She has an active practice dealing with cases of maximum severity including spinal, neurological and birth injury clinical negligence claims. She also has a strong track record in misdiagnoses of cancer and epilepsy having co-ordinated two high profile group actions.
She is renowned for her friendly and sympathetic approach putting her clients at ease from the outset.
Jane’s aim is always to do the best for her clients and to take away the stress of bringing a claim at what is often a difficult and emotional time. She advocates a team approach and her clients are always involved and integral to this.
“A warm heartfelt thank you for your support, dedication and hard graft over the last 5 years. Your professionalism has assured our daughter got what she deserved, a secure future with superb living standards and care team. You are a credit to your profession”.
“Just wanted to say a very big thank you for all your help over these past few very emotional years … we are so grateful for the way you have handled everything putting us at ease and getting the best for our son. You have truly been so nice, kind and friendly, it has been lovely knowing you!”
“Jane has always been professional, thorough, helpful, kind and friendly and every time we have met or spoken put us at ease”.
“We are extremely grateful to Jane for all her hard work and support on our behalf … we are indebted for everything you have done for us as a family”.
Trained Harvey Ingram Stone & Simpson (now Harvey Ingram Owston) 1990-92; solicitor with HISS 1992-93; solicitor Freeth Cartwright Hunt Dickins (now Freeths LLP) 1993; associate 1996-98; partner 1998.
APIL, Law Society and Focis.
Nottingham Trent University (LLB (Hons)).
Leicester Tigers, theatre.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP is recognised for its deep bench strength in catastrophic injury claims, delay in diagnosis and misdiagnosis of cancer and other conditions, surgical errors, incorrect treatment and inquests. ‘Exceptional‘ department head Jane Williams is a renowned figure and is an expert in complex surgical, oncology and brain injury cases. Owing to its medical negligence pedigree, the firm acts for an increasing number of clients as a result of the Maternity Services scandal at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, with claims ranging from maternal injuries, stillbirths, birth injury claims and neonatal deaths. Consultants Paul Balen and Jane Goulding are equally lauded for inquest work and cases with brain and spinal injuries; senior associates Adrian Denton and Gemma Bedford are also integral figures in the practice.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - East Midlands > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate