Paul Balen > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
Consultant conducting professional and clinical negligence, product liability, defamation, and personal injury claims.
Articled Freeths LLP; qualified 1977; partner 1980; joint secretary Nottinghamshire Law Society 1985-90; president Nottinghamshire Medico-Legal Society 2007-08; secretary APIL 1998-2000; senior fellow Association of Personal Injury Lawyers 2001; president Nottinghamshire Law Society 2005-06; ADR mediator.
Nottingham High School; Peterhouse, Cambridge (MA).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Freeths LLP is recognised for its deep bench strength in catastrophic injury claims, delay in diagnosis and misdiagnosis of cancer and other conditions, surgical errors, incorrect treatment and inquests. ‘Exceptional‘ department head Jane Williams is a renowned figure and is an expert in complex surgical, oncology and brain injury cases. Owing to its medical negligence pedigree, the firm acts for an increasing number of clients as a result of the Maternity Services scandal at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, with claims ranging from maternal injuries, stillbirths, birth injury claims and neonatal deaths. Consultants Paul Balen and Jane Goulding are equally lauded for inquest work and cases with brain and spinal injuries; senior associates Adrian Denton and Gemma Bedford are also integral figures in the practice.
A consultant at Freeths LLP, Nottingham-based Paul Balen is highly regarded as a mediator of clinical negligence and personal injury claims; and he is approved as a mediator by NHS Resolution in England and NHS Wales.
- Hall of Fame - East Midlands > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - East Midlands > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate