Penny Wright > Gardner Leader LLP > Newbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
WHITE HART HOUSE
- Go to...
Personal tax, trusts and probate and Charities and not-for-profit
Penny is a Partner at Gardner Leader in the Inheritance Protection team.
Penny qualified as a solicitor in 1999 and has wide-ranging experience of acting for individuals in relation to their Wills, estate planning, trusts, powers of attorney, probate and inheritance tax planning.
Penny’s charity law specialism includes setting up and registering new charities; advising on trustee responsibilities and governance issues; dealing with Charity Commission on regulatory matters; compliance with the Charities Act requirements; dealing with charity assets including permanent endowments; advising on mergers, reconstructions and winding up charities.
Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Charity Law Association
Law Society Private Client Section.
Fully accredited member of the Solicitors of the Elderly
LPC, Legal Practice, Guildford College of Law (1996-1997)
LLB, University of Wales, Cardiff (1992-1995)
South East > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
Gardner Leader LLP’s ‘vastly experienced’ private client team have notable strengths in helping high-net-worth clients in tax planning, often with a cross-border element and utilising its experience negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs. Other areas of expertise include inheritance tax, international estate planning and powers of attorney and Court of Protection work. Jolyon Barton‘s practice spans inheritance tax and capital gains tax mitigation, wills drafting, trusts and their use in tax planning, administration of estates and lasting powers of attorney. Robert Jobson is noted for his skills in establishing and administering trusts, while Penny Wright is recommended for tax planning, wills, incapacity and probate issues. Richard Mead and Kathryn Tarry are also of note for estate planning and administration. Senior associate Niamh Minihane specialises in will drafting and related inheritance tax planning.
South East > Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
Gardner Leader LLP’s expertise covers charity formations and registrations, governance and constitutional advice, corporate and commercial matters, regulatory and Charity Act compliance. From the Newbury office, Alastair Goggins leads a team which includes Penny Wright and Maidenhead-based Diane Yarrow who are experienced in all areas of charity law and have a strong focus on contentious probate, regulatory compliance and trading and commercial activities.
- Charities and not-for-profit - South East > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation