Greg Humphreys > Gardner Leader LLP > Newbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
WHITE HART HOUSE
- Go to...
Commercial property, Corporate and Commercial, Charities and not-for-profit
Greg is a partner at Gardner Leader and Head of the Commercial team.
Greg joined Gardner Leader in 2000 having emigrated from South Africa where he qualified as an attorney. Greg qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and was admitted to the partnership in 2006.
Throughout his career Greg has worked in the commercial and commercial property environment. This allows Greg to bring a broad knowledge of commercial law and practice to the advice that he provides and he aims to provide practical advice to best meet his client’s needs.
Greg specialises in property work, concentrating on commercial property work, including purchases and sales of property and development sites, joint ventures in development projects, lease projects and agreements for lease subject to development and advising lenders on securitisation.
The practice area was praised in the Legal 500 (2016) stating that “Gardner Leader LLP’s [Corporate/Commercial] team ‘exceeds all expectations’. Key figures include… practice head Greg Humphreys, who specialises in property work. Legal 500 (2016) also commented that Greg is ‘very thorough and knowledgeable’, and ‘acts quickly’.
Gardner Leader LLP acts for domestic clients as well as UK subsidiaries of international entities on acquisitions, financing, developers, landlords and tenants. In Newbury, practice head Greg Humphreys focuses on commercial real estate work, particularly in relation to restaurants. Suki Hardy ‘faces off against the Magic Circle on a regular basis‘ and has particular sector expertise in telecoms and data centres. A generalist, Richard Buckeridge advises a wide variety of clients on all things real estate out of the Maidenhead office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40