Alastair Goggins > Gardner Leader LLP > Newbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
WHITE HART HOUSE
- Go to...
Contentious trusts and probate, Charities and not-for-profit and Property litigation
Alastair is a Partner and Head of the Dispute Resolution team at Gardner Leader.
Alastair has considerable experience in trusts, probate and inheritance matters and acts on behalf of national charities, local charities and schools. Alastair advises in relation to disputed Wills, claims to remove Executors or Trustees, Breach of Trust cases and Inheritance Act claims. He regularly acts for charities, executors, trustees and beneficiaries in claims found in the Court of Protection and the High Court. He offers charities clarity of thought and is well versed in finding practical solutions to intractable problems. Alastair also has experience in advising other not for profit organisation on all areas of litigation including independent schools.
Charity Law Association
Institute of Legacy Management
Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Gardner Leader LLP‘s team ‘combines friendliness with astuteness and a sensible approach to dispute resolution‘. The group is sought out for advice on High Court and Court of Protection cases, with disputes involving capacity-related issues being a notable area of growth. Another hallmark of the team is its strong record of defending not-for-profit entities as beneficiaries of legacies or residual beneficiaries of estates. Practice head Alastair Goggins is ‘exceptional in his honesty‘.
Gardner Leader LLP‘s ‘sensible and practical‘ clinical negligence group covers the full range of medical negligence matters, with a particular emphasis on fatalities and inquest claims. Practice head Alastair Goggins, who is noted for his ‘whip-sharp advice‘, has expertise in maternal and infant birth complications and injuries. Senior associate Andrew Shipp handles complex claims involving mental health.
The practitioners in Gardner Leader LLP‘s property litigation group demonstrate a ‘high degree of competence and understanding‘. It has recently had a notable increase in mandates from large companies, trusts and town councils. First Tier Tribunal claims and adverse possession claims are other areas of growth. The team also specialises in mortgage repossession work. Alastair Goggins heads up the broader litigation team. Michelle Di Gioia leads on the property litigation front.
Gardner Leader LLP’s expertise covers charity formations and registrations, governance and constitutional advice, corporate and commercial matters, regulatory and Charity Act compliance. From the Newbury office, Alastair Goggins leads a team which includes Penny Wright and Maidenhead-based Diane Yarrow who are experienced in all areas of charity law and have a strong focus on contentious probate, regulatory compliance and trading and commercial activities.
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Charities and not-for-profit - South East > Private client
- Contentious trusts and probate - South East > Private client
- Clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
- Property litigation - South East > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation