Alastair Goggins > Gardner Leader LLP > Newbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
WHITE HART HOUSE
- Go to...
Contentious trusts and probate, Charities and not-for-profit and Property litigation
Alastair is a Partner and Head of the Dispute Resolution team at Gardner Leader.
Alastair has considerable experience in trusts, probate and inheritance matters and acts on behalf of national charities, local charities and schools. Alastair advises in relation to disputed Wills, claims to remove Executors or Trustees, Breach of Trust cases and Inheritance Act claims. He regularly acts for charities, executors, trustees and beneficiaries in claims found in the Court of Protection and the High Court. He offers charities clarity of thought and is well versed in finding practical solutions to intractable problems. Alastair also has experience in advising other not for profit organisation on all areas of litigation including independent schools.
Charity Law Association
Institute of Legacy Management
Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at Gardner Leader LLP has a track record of work advising clients on the validity of wills for multimillion-pound estates, Court of Protection matters, and matters involving negligent executors, especially in regards to appearances in the High Court. Practice leader Alastair Goggins , a ‘stand-out legal and tactical analyst’, is an expert in contentious matters involving will and trust disputes, estoppel claims, and the removal of executors and trustees.
Gardner Leader LLP advises charitable trusts, royal charter companies, community benefit societies both nationally and in the Newbury area. It also advises start-ups, independent schools, and faith-based charities on charity formation and registration, regulatory compliance, dispute resolution, and Charities Act compliance. Practice head Alastair Goggins regularly acts in contentious matters involving trust disputes including validity, financial provision, and the removal of trustees. Diane Yarrow advises on constitutional and governance issues, mergers and restructurings. Penny Wright advises charities on compliance with the requirements of the Charities Act. Richard Buckeridge also comes recommended.
Increasingly acting for commercial landlords, Gardner Leader LLP‘s property litigation team specialises in mortgage repossession claims. The wider litigation team is led by Alastair Goggins, while Michelle Di Gioia heads up the property litigation sub-group. Notable recent work includes defending a respondent in the First Tier Tribunal Property Chamber in a case of adverse possession.
Gardner Leader LLP provides ‘legal expertise far above its station‘, advising a mix of private and corporate clients in corporate and commercial disputes as well as civil fraud. ‘No-nonsense litigator‘ Chris Felton focuses on complex, multi jurisdiction litigation and international arbitration at a commercial and interstate level. Michelle Di Gioia advises on shareholder and director disputes. Alastair Goggins leads the disputes team, while Maidenhead-based senior associate Michael Axe is recommended. Noor Kadhim joined the firm in 2019 and brings rare expertise in contentious art law.
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Charities and not-for-profit - South East > Private client
- Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Dispute resolution
- Contentious trusts and probate - South East > Private client
- Property litigation - South East > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40