Andrew Shipp > Gardner Leader LLP > Newbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
WHITE HART HOUSE
- Go to...
Commercial litigation and Property litigation
Andrew is a Partner at Gardner Leader in the Dispute Resolution Team.
The main focus of Andrew’s work is commercial disputes. He deals with a range of issues including contractual disputes, debt recovery and shareholder/director disputes.
Andrew also deals with intellectual property disputes including copyright and trademark infringement.
Andrew has a great deal of experience with insolvency matters and acts for Insolvency Practitioners pursuing book debts, contractual claims and delinquent directors.
The other focus of Andrew’s caseload is property litigation. He has acted for a number of clients on a broad range of issues such as boundary disputes, rights of way, construction disputes including adjudication, and landlord and tenant matters, including possession claims, dilapidations and lease disputes.
The property litigation practice at Gardner Leader LLP advises numerous investors, owners, and occupiers on adverse possession claims, contract breaches and portfolio disputes, among other matters. Michelle Di Gioia is an accredited CEDR mediator and professional negligence specialist. Andrew Shipp, who made partner in 2020, is highly experienced in High Court actions and TOLATA claims, and frequently works with the firm’s property agent and landlord client base. Alistair Goggins is the head of the dispute resolution practice.
At Gardner Leader LLP, personal injury and clinical negligence cases are a cornerstone of the work undertaken by the dispute resolution department. Led by Alastair Goggins, the team covers a full spectrum of claims for clients, with particular specialisms in matters involving birth complications and injuries, fatalities and inquests, as well as cancer delays Also notable is that the firm is prominent in cases arising from high-profile transport accidents. Andrew Shipp, who made partner in 2020, is another key individual.
Gardner Leader LLP‘s litigation department ‘punches above its weight’, with regular instructions on complex multijurisdictional matters in corporate and commercial disputes, civil fraud and international arbitration. Practice head Chris Felton is an ‘elite commercial litigator’, with a track record of work on both domestic and international arbitration cases. Michelle Di Gioia and Andrew Shipp are also recommended, with the latter acting for insolvency practitioners. Associate Katie Dyson is one to watch, working closely with Felton on a number of high-value disputes as well as being involved in Chancery and Queen’s Bench disputes.
- Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Dispute resolution
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
- Property litigation - South East > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40