Mr Friso Foppes > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Friso Foppes
Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Pension Law, Financial Institutions, FinTech
Friso is an expert in corporate law. Friso specialises in particular in (cross-border) mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other forms of cooperation, private equity and corporate governance (accounting policies, etcetera).
He is used to working with other disciplines, and frequently acts for foreign investors, for instance in investments.
As a member of Van Doorne’s Pension team Friso regularly represents pension funds, in particular in governance issues, mergers and split-ups and group transfer payments.
Friso has been working at Van Doorne since 2000 and was appointed partner within Van Doorne’s corporate practice on 1 January 2014.
Friso is a member of the Dutch Commercial Law Association, the Dutch Law Association on Financial Reporting and the Dutch Association for Pension Lawyers.
Dutch Law, University of Groningen, the Netherlands (1999); Postgraduate Pension Law Course, VU Law Academy, the Netherlands (2013)
The team at Van Doorne is ‘pragmatic, open, realistic and with a high level of expertise‘ and has a particular focus on ongoing regulatory obligations and enforcement within the e-money, fintech, insurance and pension sectors. The specialisation is illustrated by recent work highlights, which includes assisting a major pension fund with a collective transfer of pension entitlements and advising a Dutch bank on its acquisition of a minority stake in a fintech start-up. Friso Foppes is the key contact. Former practice head Arno Voerman departed to Dentons in 2020.
With a ‘good quality combination of all-round lawyers and specialists‘, Van Doorne handles M&A, privatisations, private equity transactions and joint ventures and leverages its sector-specific expertise. The group has also teamed up with one of Europe’s leading cybersecurity companies to develop a cybersecurity audit and due diligence product for its clients. Jeroen Sombezki leads the team; Onno Boerstra handles private equity work, joint ventures and management buyouts; and Hugo Reumkens and Friso Foppes advise Dutch and foreign companies, private equity funds and other investors. Steffen Alleman is also a key name to note.
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory - Netherlands
- Commercial, corporate and M&a - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights