Mr Bertrand Jouanneau > Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. Offices
15 rue de Laborde
- Go to...
Mr Bertrand Jouanneau
Partner Bertrand Jouanneau is a member within Gide’s Tax practice group. He joined the firm in 2003 and spent one year in the firm’s New York office.
He specialises in French and international tax law, and regularly advises on property-based transactions, structuring and restructuring of investment funds, mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings.
He has recently provided tax advice to:
- A Middle-East investment fund on acquiring a portfolio of real estate assets
- Several asset management companies on creating and structuring French investment funds (La Française AM, OTC AM, etc.)
- Viveris Reim on acquiring several portfolios of real estate assets
- Casino Group on outsourcing real estate assets
- BNP Paribas on restructuring one of its funds
- Several foreign investors on acquiring and managing real estate assets in France.
Bertrand Jouanneau is a frequent speaker on tax law issues.
He graduated from the University of Cambridge (LLM in business and tax Law) and from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas (DESS, Magistère, DJCE).
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I.‘s highly experienced team excels in transactional tax matters. The team is often involved alongside the firm’s corporate practice to advise on the structuring of large M&A and private equity deals, for example in a number of recent matters for leading investment funds or their management regarding the market’s largest private equity transactions. The practice is also highly regarded for its high-level property tax expertise which fits well with the market’s largest investment and other strategic property deals handled by the firm, such as the landmark Arboretum campus project. In addition, the practice handles various fund structuring work and is able to deal with high-stakes litigation. Key names in the team include Laurent Modave, Magali Buchert, Olivier Dauchez and Bertrand Jouanneau. Also highly involved are counsels Alexandre Bochu and Brian Martin.
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. dispose d’une équipe très expérimentée, qui excelle dans le domaine de la fiscalité transactionnelle. L’équipe fiscale intervient souvent aux côtés du département corporate du cabinet pour assurer la structuration fiscale de grandes opérations de fusions-acquisitions et de private equity. Elle a récemment conseillé de grands fonds d’investissement ou le management dans certaines des plus grandes opérations de private equity du marché. Le cabinet dispose parallèlement d’une expertise de pointe en matière de fiscalité immobilière, qui assure la structuration des plus grandes opérations d’investissement et de développement immobiliers traitées par le cabinet (telles que le projet emblématique de campus Arboretum). Enfin, l’équipe fiscale traite des dossiers de structuration de fonds et gère des litiges aux enjeux élevés. Laurent Modave, Magali Buchert, Olivier Dauchez et Bertrand Jouanneau. sont les figures centrales de l’équipe. Ils sont notamment entourés des counsels Alexandre Bochu et Brian Martin.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Capital markets: debt capital markets
- Derivatives and structured finance
- EU, competition and distribution
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Industry focus: Telecoms
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Media and entertainment: Television/radio
- Private equity: venture/growth capital
- Project finance
- Real estate
- Administrative and public law
- Capital markets: equity capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Stock market litigation
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity: Fund formation
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Private equity: LBO