The ‘brilliant’ Liban Kusa, best known for his tax litigation expertise, heads a Bruchou & Funes de Rioja tax practice that displays ‘in-depth knowledge’ of tax law and profound commercial awareness. The practice advises families and corporates on all major tax matters, ranging from tax planning and structuring through to tax litigation, where the team has worked on numerous high profile matters. The team has also been active advising business and individual taxpayers on migrating tax residency out of Argentina. Ezequiel Lipovetzky, who has an extensive high-net-worth client-base, as well as expertise in transactional tax, is another key figure; with Daniela Rey recognised for her work on complex corporate and financial tax matters. Nicolas Nogueira Castellini specialises in customs and tax litigation at national, provincial and municipal levels. Partner and leading individual Matías Olivero Vila left the firm and the end of 2021 to focus fully on leading a campaign to reform Argentina’s high tax burden. Since publication, the firm has raised Pablo M Muir to the partnership - effective as of March 2023.
Tax in Argentina
Bruchou & Funes de Rioja
‘The team is balanced and resourceful and stands out for its in-depth knowledge of tax law as well as the business environment. The team knows what steps to take to accomplish the task.‘
‘Liban Kusa is in my opinion one of the most brilliant tax experts in Argentina. He has very deep technical knowledge as well as great capacity for analysis and strategic vision.‘
Asociación de Bancos de la Argentina (ABA)
Asociación de Bancos Argentinos (ADEBA)
Citibank and Banco Galicia
Baggio – RPB
AES Argentina Generación
- Advised ABA and several banks on filing a lawsuit before the National Supreme Court of Justice to challenge the constitutionality of a turnover tax withholding regime set by the Province of Córdoba to collect payments from non-resident taxpayers and digital services companies.
- Took over the administrative and judicial defence of Cargill before provincial tax authorities, intervening in various courts to challenge different local tax claims regarding turnover tax and local withholding regimes.
- Advises Despegar on various tax matters arising out of its local operations and the relationship with service providers abroad; work includes analysis of the tax impact of complex operations and advice on tax inspections.
Marval O’Farrell Mairal
Clients praise Marval O’Farrell Mairal‘s tax practice for its ‘remarkable analytical capacity’, ‘deep knowledge of the market’ and experience handling ‘complex’ and ‘sensitive’ matters. The team is co-led by partners María Inés Brandt, who provides high-level transactional and tax planning advice; corporate taxation expert Walter C Keiniger; the ‘highly regarded’ Gabriel Gotlib and the ‘excellent’ M&A tax expert Fernando Vaquero. Veteran tax and customs lawyer Horacio García Prieto is another senior presence. A deep pool of talent at associate level, including international tax specialist Maria Paula Castelli, tax litigation lawyer Sergio Vergara and tax all-rounder Luciana Virgile enables the practice to provide a full-service tax offering to international and domestic clients. The team is a formidable presence in transactional tax matters, working closely with colleagues in the firm’s heavyweight corporate and M&A practice, but also displays an impressive track record in big-ticket tax litigation matters, tax planning and wealth management, among other areas.
María Inés Brandt; Gabriel Gotlib; Walter C Keiniger; Fernando Vaquero
‘Marval’s tax practice has a pragmatic, agile approach, and a remarkable analytical capacity. The team always works with a sense of urgency.‘
‘Fernando Vaquero demonstrates excellent analytical skills and a great ability to simplify the complex.‘
‘The team has deep knowledge of the market. The team deliver excellent availability and commitment to the client. In a legal market as complex as Argentina’s, they facilitate decision-making and accurately support our operation.‘
‘The team has experience in complex transactions, deep knowledge of the market and legal framework. They work thoroughly and know the client.‘
‘The tax team is always accessible and provides us with strong advice, delivering excellent results.‘
‘Angel Pereira and Fernando Vaquero have a unique outlook and their advice is always legally robust and practical at the same time.‘
‘Top-level advice on very sensitive tax issues in a country like Argentina, where uncertainty reigns.‘
‘Gabriel Gotlib is highly regarded as a great tax specialist and a specialist in complex problems.‘
Tata Consultancy Services
- Represented Navent Group on the closing of the sale of its online real estate technology platform business to QuintoAndar.
- Advised WeWork on investment and joint venture agreements with the SoftBank Latin America Fund for WeWork’s operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Mexico; the matter included the prior reorganisation of WeWork’s holding structure for operations in the region.
- Represented Telmex Argentina in a proceeding initiated by the National Tax Authority challenging the existence of a loan received from a foreign related party.
Baker McKenzie‘s ‘attentive’ and ‘knowledgeable‘ Argentine tax practice leverages the international Baker McKenzie network to secure a wide range of work from cross-border clients. Martín Barreiro leads the team, which is especially strong in transfer pricing-related tax litigation, but is also comfortable handling transactional, planning and (general) litigious tax matters. Advising international clients on the tax implications of reorganisations impacting Argentine subsidiaries has been another busy area. Partner Juan Pablo Menna, who is active in M&A, cross-border deals and customs matters, rounds out the senior team. At associate level the firm has been busy in the recruitment market and bolstered its ranks with the hires of Pilar Furnari, Bernardo Trueba and Marina Fiori. Associate Manuel Iturrioz has stepped away from the practice to pursue his studies in the United States.
‘They are up to date with all the news and report promptly. They are knowledgeable about tax matters and advise appropriately. They are the best in communication and in sharing their knowledge in webinars, seminars, conferences and by email.’
‘They are excellent professionals, advise punctually and always attentive. They are friendly and dedicated to their clients and relationships.’
Archer Daniels Midland
- Advised Abbott on the tax implications arising from the reorganisation of its Argentine subsidiary’s equity holdings to avoid double taxation.
- Assisted Abbvie with an analysis of the tax implications arising from the reorganisation of equity holdings in an Argentine subsidiary to avoid double taxation.
- Assisting Schlumberger on the restructuring of its explosive services division in Argentina; providing advice on tax planning alternatives to implement such a reorganisation.
Bomchil‘s absorption of the highly regarded tax boutique Teijeiro & Ballone, Abogados has added significant depth and capability to its tax practice. Following the deal, ‘outstanding professional’ Guillermo Teijeiro and the ‘excellent’ Mariano Ballone have joined ‘top international tax specialist’ Alejandro Messineo and Ariadna Artopoulos, who clients praise for her ‘technical knowledge and experience’, as practice co-heads. The February-2022 merger also saw the arrival of associate Mariano Rajoy, with semi-senior Agustina Salatino having joined from Estudio Litvak y Asociados in mid-2021. The practice offers a full suite of tax expertise, covering corporate, M&A, restructurings and financial and litigation matters as well as maintaining a private client roster. The addition of senior talent to the team has supported high-profile client wins in the technology, media and automotive sectors. The practice is also known for its tax expertise in nascent digital industries, including fintech and cryptocurrencies. Former associate Santiago Bergallo left the firm to take up a role with PwC.
Ariadna Artopoulos; Mariano Ballone; Alejandro Messineo; Guillermo Teijeiro
‘Excellent regulatory knowledge and insight. The team has good business understanding and provides practical advice.’
‘Mariano Ballone is an excellent tax law attorney. He knows the issues deeply and advises from a practical point of view and with a focus on the business.’
‘Ariadna Artopoulus displays technical knowledge and experience.’
‘We always consider the opinion of Guillermo Teijeiro to support decisions that may have a significant impact on the company, due to his vast professional experience, knowledge of our business and the objective way in which he expresses the firm’s opinion and recommendations.’
‘Guillermo Teijeiro is an outstanding professional who knows perfectly how companies work. When you work with Guillermo you can be 100% sure of his advice and commitment. He is a great partner for the in-house attorney.’
‘Alejandro Messineo is one of the top international tax specialists in Argentina.’
Aeropuertos Argentina 2000
Paramount Global (formerly ViacomCBS)
The Mosaic Company
Grupo Corporación América
American Express Argentina
Seabord Energías Renovables
- Advised Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 on all the tax aspects related to the exchange and emission of security notes.
- Advised PepsiCo de Argentina on the tax aspects of the sale of shares of Alimesa to Georgalos.
- Advised Bunge on various transfer pricing claims from the tax authorities concerning the export of commodities.
The O'Farrell tax practice stands out for its impressive track record in tax litigation, representing a range of corporates and individuals in high-profile tax disputes at national, provincial and municipal levels. The experienced Miguel A.M. Tesón leads a closely knit team of partners who ‘deal with issues in depth’ and are ‘excellent at following up’. Valeria Estathio, a specialist in federal and international tax law, is recognised for her ‘commitment to the client’, while María Celina Valls is a prominent presence in tax dispute work. Guillermo Lalanne is widely recognised for his expertise in constitutional tax law and complex litigation, and has been a key figure in some of the firm’s most important matters. The firm has strengthened its second line with the hire of associates Jalhil Damus Pastorio, Guadalupe Schettino and Juliana Schettino.
Miguel A.M. Teson
‘They deal with issues in depth and are excellent at following up. Excellent in judicial cases.’
‘Valeria Estathio shows knowledge and commitment to the client.’
Droguería del Sud
Importadora y Exportadora de la Patagonia
Grupo Telefónica Argentina
- Submitted a claim on behalf of Telefónica de Argentina challenging the constitutionality of prohibiting inflation adjustment provisions to asset depreciation for income tax purposes; the Federal Tax Court sided with the company, establishing that the prohibition is not compatible with the property rights guaranteed by the Constitution.
- Represented a group of high net worth clients in an action against the Federal Tax Authority challenging the constitutional validity of the new tax on extraordinary wealth.
- Obtained a favourable judicial decision from the Federal Chamber of Appeals which agreed on the unconstitutionality of a local tax levied by the Municipality of Concordia.
Pérez Alati, Grondona, Benites & Arntsen
Clients praise Pérez Alati, Grondona, Benites & Arntsen‘s tax practice for its ‘high quality’ analysis and ‘fast’, ‘responsive’ client engagement. Tax litigation on multiple complex matters that have risen to Argentina’s Federal Supreme Court and Federal Tax Court have provided a high volume of work for the practice, which also handles tax planning, tax reorganisations and transactional tax matters. Tax litigation and cross-border specialist Manuel Benites co-leads the team alongside Luis Nuñez, a tax claims and litigation expert; and Andrés Galíndez, who is strong on customs litigation. The practice also boasts a strong second line of counsels, including Facundo Fernández Santos, who focuses on transactional work, tax planning and transfer pricing matters; tax litigator Matías Corte and customs litigation specialist Germán Martín Quirán. Cristina Di Benedetto, meanwhile, is experienced in hydrocarbon tax and royalty claims, and supports the firm’s impressive pool of energy clients. Since publication, Fernández Santos has been promoted to the partnership - effective as of November 2022.
Manuel Benites; Luis Nuñez; Andrés Galíndez
‘The practice delivers high quality and client care and is fast and responsive.’
‘Attention to detail and understanding how to resolve complex situations make the team standout.’
Pan American Energy Group
Compañía General de Combustibles
Forestal Bosques del Plata
Total Austral Argentina
- Advised LDC before the Court of Appeals in a matter related to the group’s eligibility for a tax deduction linked to input tax and VAT.
- Represented Delta Dock in proceedings before Argentina’s Supreme Court of Justice challenging a gross income tax surcharge imposed by the Province of Buenos Aires.
- Represented clients in filing a claim against the Argentine Tax Authority in order to obtain the refund of the VAT derived from hydrocarbon transmission.
Rosso Alba & Rougès
Tax boutique Rosso Alba & Rougès is widely recognised for its market-leading expertise in international tax, transfer pricing and tax controversy matters. Litigation and tax controversy matters, as well as tax advice related to large scale restructurings and bankruptcies, have accounted for a large portion of the firm’s work over the last year, with ongoing tax planning and cross-border work also reported. Clients note that the firm is ‘well ahead of the changes that occur in the market’ and consistently delivers ‘tremendous quality and attention to detail’. ‘Great professional’ Cristian Rosso Alba and the ‘very efficient’ Juan Marcos Rougès head up the firm, which has bolstered its ranks with the hire of Christian Fleischer, who has returned to the fold as partner after a spell in sole practice. The practice has also expanded its team with the recruitment of senior associates Rodrigo Diaz and Josefina Sorribes, although junior associate Camila Morchon has departed to take up a role with MailAmericas.
Cristian Rosso Alba
Juan Marcos Rougès
‘This practice keeps us informed of issues relevant to our activity. They are always available to answer our questions and have extensive knowledge and professional training. In addition, it is worth highlighting the excellent human quality of the firm.’
‘Cristian Rosso Alba, the firm’s partner who assists us directly, is a great professional. The firm is well ahead of the changes that occur in the market and in legislation, both locally and internationally. Additionally, the response time is optimal.’
‘Rosso Alba & Rougès is a firm with very pragmatic and dedicated professionals, assisting clients on short deadlines with tremendous quality and attention to detail. They separate themselves from other tax law firms in Argentina with their practical approach and availability.’
‘Juan Marcos Rougés is a very efficient lawyer. Every time we needed him, he answered in no time and gave his best to deliver what we asked, or to help us solve issues in a quick fashion.’
Aceitera General Deheza
Pan American Energy
COFCO International Argentina
Construçoes e Comércio Camargo Corrêa
- Advising Vicentín Argentina on the tax, customs and legal aspects of its ongoing corporate reorganisation proceedings.
- Handling a tax court appeal matter related to transfer pricing involving capital flows between Ford’s Argentina and Brazilian affiliates.
- Hired by biofuels industry group Carbio to challenge a government ruling classifying biodiesel as a commodity, thus making it subject to strict export rules for transfer pricing documentation, custom export valuation and the filing of export agreements with the state.
Allende & Brea
The ‘excellent’ Nicolas Procopio, who has broad experience in litigation, transactional and tax planning matters for corporates and individuals, co-leads the ‘business-oriented’ Allende & Brea tax team, alongside Raúl Fratantoni, head of the firm’s well-established private client business. The team has supported a number of international clients in tax litigation and disputes of late, but also sustains a portfolio of transactional and day-to-day corporate work. Associates Maria Fernanda Minetto and Bautista Dasso focus mainly on private client and private bank engagements, but also take on corporate tax work. Paula Polimeni and Mariano Federico Anna are key figures for tax dispute and litigious matters.
Raúl Fratantoni; Nicolás Procopio
‘It is a team that is up to date with tax news in Argentina. It is easy to work with them and they adapt to the deadlines that are asked of them.’
‘Without a doubt, the tandem of Nicolás Procopio and Bautista Dasso is excellent. They always answer.’
‘A highly prepared team with the necessary knowledge to give the best advice to clients. They are business-oriented and always look for a way to reach a good resolution of the problems that arise.’
Mastercard Cono Sur
Scotiabank and Sprott Capital Partners
- Advised Syngenta on challenging provincial taxes before the Argentine Supreme Court of Justice.
- Advised high-net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals and families on challenging the newly created tax levied on personal estates.
- Assisting Remote as it commences operations in Argentina, analysing the tax treatment of local employees working for overseas clients and permanent establishment risks.
‘Extraordinary’ tax lawyer Santiago Montezanti fronts a Beccar Varela tax team that clients describe as ‘well-structured’ and ‘technically very good’. Despite a testing market backdrop, the team has sustained a high volume of transactional work, advising on the tax aspects of multiple M&A, joint venture and restructuring deals across the real estate, telecommunications, media and fintech sectors, among others. Senior associate María de los Ángeles Olana, who advises on local and international tax matters and handles litigation work, is another key name in this young team, alongside Enrique Lopez, who has broad tax law expertise, and Fernando Botello, who handles both advisory and dispute mandates.
‘It is a firm with a profile that combines in-depth knowledge of the law and creativity. Santiago Montezanti is an extraordinary professional.‘
‘A solid tax team that is very well-structured and balanced between men and women.’
‘I think they have a strong knowledge base with experience and creativity. Santiago Montezanti strikes me as outstanding because not only does he know the subject matter and the precedents in depth, but he also has the ability to offer creative solutions.’
‘BeccarVarela’s tax team is technically very good and their work is excellent. They put themselves in the client’s position and look for solutions according to their needs.’
‘Santiago Montesanti and his team are very proactive.’
‘Multidisciplinary team with a focus on client needs and understanding of legal and business issues.’
Atix Labs founders
Jebsen & Jessen Industrial Solutions
SoftBank Latin America Fund
- Advised the shareholders of Atix Labs, an Argentine blockchain company, on the tax structuring aspects of a sale to Globant.
- Advised secured creditor Deutsche Bank and unsecured creditor Jebsen & Hessen on the tax aspects of the restructuring of Molino Cañuelas.
- Assisted investment firm Cantor Fitzgerald on the tax implications under local law of a merger with Argentine start-up Satellogic.
Mitrani Caballero & Ruiz Moreno Abogados
The ‘excellent’ Corina Laudato leads a Mitrani Caballero & Ruiz Moreno Abogados tax team that clients praise for its responsiveness and technical expertise. The team’s roots lie in tax structuring and tax planning work in M&A, joint ventures and financing, with the practice also known for providing tax and estate planning advice to families and high net worth clients. More recently the practice has also gained a higher profile in litigation matters. Other key names include tax and customs expert Gloria Gurbista and international corporate restructuring and governance specialist Juan Ignacio Soma. Associate Juan Manuel Iglesias Mamone, who has litigation experience and also advises on the tax aspects of M&A and cross-border investment, is recognised for his ‘collaborative spirit’ and ‘responsible provision’.
‘Professionalism and expertise delivered with the highest standards of service.‘
‘The team has empathy and simplifies complex issues when proposing solutions to our organisation.‘
‘The in-depth knowledge of tax regulations and tax advice from the entire tax team is very good.‘
‘Corina Laudato and Juan Manuel Iglesias are always available and provide advice that addresses the specific needs of the client.‘
‘The team works excellently, providing support and solutions to the issues raised.‘
‘Corina Laudato provides excellent tax advice on both national and international matters. Juan Manuel Iglesias Mamone stands out for his collaborative spirit and responsible provision of advice.‘
Adecco Recursos Humanos
Fratelli Branca Destilerias
Consorgio De Gestion Del Puerto De Bahia Blanca
- Advised Raízen on its acquisition of a 50% capital interest in Paraguayan fuel distributor Barcos & Rodados, providing tax planning input on the corporate structure.
- Provided tax due diligence advice to Molinos on the potential purchase of several assets from Vicentin.
- Advised and represented Holcim in proceedings against the Municipality of Campana regarding tax assessments involving the public lighting tax.
The Beretta Godoy tax practice is co-led by name partner Omar Beretta and ‘excellent professional’ Tomás Balzano. Especially prominent in the mining sector, the team is best known for advising corporate clients on the tax aspects of business structures and also takes on tax compliance, customs, transfer pricing and litigation-related work.
Tomás Balzano; Omar Beretta
‘The team is very good with extensive knowledge. They have very good contacts with other players in the market. They follow-up regularly.’
‘They are always there for clients, unlike other firms that are not always available. Tomas Balzano is an excellent professional with the technical experience and contacts to provide an excellent service.‘
Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt
Toyota Boshoku America
AAJ Computer Service
Minera Agua Rica
- Advised Huayou on the tax aspects of the acquisition of two lithium companies.
- Assisted Omega Pharma with tax advice regarding the reorganisation of its business activities in Argentina.
- Acted as counsel of Alpha Lithium Corporation on an asset transaction with Uranium One Group.
Brons & Salas
The ‘outstanding’ Leandro Cáceres leads a Brons & Salas tax team that provides day-to-day tax advice to clients in a range of sectors. The group also has expertise in tax planning, M&A and disputes, as well as assisting in relation to the social security segment. Advising high-net-worth individuals on the one-time wealth tax imposed in 2021 has been another steady source of work.
‘Deep knowledge of law and jurisprudence. They understand business and the needs of the client. They are available 24/7.’
‘Leandro Cáceres is an outstanding attorney. Beyond his in-depth knowledge of tax law, he is also very strong in corporate law and business law in. He is also a very pleasant person to work with.’
Associated British Foods
- Advising various high net worth individuals on the one-time wealth tax levied in Argentina in 2021.
Deloitte & Co. S.A.
The ‘efficient’ Deloitte & Co. S.A. tax team specialises in tax controversies, and works closely with Deloitte’s tax accounting arm to advise local and international corporates on dispute resolution strategies. Cynthia Calligaro leads the practice, which has secured favourable outcomes for clients in inflation adjustment and turnover tax disputes.
‘Deloitte has a good team.‘
‘All the people who make up the team always maintain a good predisposition when responding to the client.’
‘The team is efficient and responds with responsibility and commitment.’
Compañía de Alimentos Fargo
Coca Cola Femsa
HSBC Argentina Holdings
- Supported Philips with the submission of a reimbursement request to the customs directorate, requesting the amount paid in excess of the statistical rate.
- Analysed judiciary and administrative strategies for Soluciones Multimedia to obtain a ruling recognising the effects of inflation on income tax.
- Advised Sony Argentina on the adjustment of turnover tax related to its role as a collections agent.
FBA tax & Legal
FBA tax & Legal has a strong track record for handling the tax aspects of foreign exchange rules and is also active in transactional work and litigation. The practice is co-led by experienced tax planning and litigation specialist Ignacio Fernandez Borzese and criminal tax law expert Luciano Cativa. The firm has boosted its tax team with the promotions of Camila Gomar, Omar Gorini and Milagros Graiño, although Guido Soriano and Nicole Amado have departed.
Ignacio Fernandez Borzese; Luciano Cativa
WEG Equipamientos Eléctricos
Petroquímica Comodoro Rivadavia
El Callao Group
- Conducted a tax and legal audit on Satelital Argentina as part of a prospective new investment by its Brazilian shareholder.
- Conducted a full revision of intercompany charges for ADP Consultores to confirm tax deduction eligibility in light of new judicial cases.
- Representation of 50 individual clients to judicially challenge the so-called extraordinary asset tax to mitigate the negative impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Salaberren & Lopez Sanson (SyLS)
Name partner and tax planning specialist Sebastián López Sanson leads the tax practice at corporate and tax boutique Salaberren & Lopez Sanson (SyLS). The practice is closely integrated with the firm’s corporate team and stands out for its engagement on transactional matters. Respected tax litigation lawyer Ruben Atim adds tax controversy capability to a practice that keeps a low profile but advises an impressive list of domestic and international clients.
Sebastián López Sanson
The Coca-Cola Company
Tavarone, Rovelli, Salim & Miani
Experienced tax litigation and customs lawyer Gastón Armando Miani leads a Tavarone, Rovelli, Salim & Miani tax practice that works closely with the firm’s banking and finance and energy practices. The team has litigation, tax planning and transactional capability and has been particularly active advising on the tax aspects of bond issuances and restructurings. Counsel Juan Pablo Baumann Aubone advises on the tax aspects of financial structuring, M&A, corporate reorganisations, investment structures and promotional tax regimes. The team also draws on the expertise of senior associate Ana Ines Do Nizza, who focuses her practice on tax advisory and tax litigation; and semi-senior Micaela Aisenberg, who provides advice on corporate tax and tax planning in local and international matters.
First Data Cono
Swiss Medical Group
KfW IPEX Bank
HSBC Bank Argentina
Banco de la Provincia de Córdoba
Albanesi/Generación Mediterránea/Central Térmica Roca
Banco de la Provincia de Buenos Aires
Perez Companc Group
San Cristobal Seguros
Calcaterra family office
- Provided tax advice to the Province of Córdoba and Banco de la Provincia de Córdoba on restructuring debt notes issued on the international capital markets.
- Tax counsel to UBS Investment Bank, as arranger, on Albanesi Energía’s loan refinancing.
- Provided tax support to Alicorp related to the sale of its Argentine subsidiaries.
Wiener Soto Caparrós
Wiener Soto Caparrós' tax team has a broad tax service offering but is particularly strong in tax dispute resolution, cross-border M&A and corporate tax planning - particularly as regards clients in the agribusiness, natural resources and energy sectors. The ‘technically impeccable’ Alfredo Bisero Paratz, who has extensive litigation and tax planning experience, leads the team.
Alfredo Bisero Paratz
‘The team stands out for its general commercial understanding, broad experience and responsiveness.‘
‘Alfredo Bisero is a technically impeccable professional.’
‘Great capacity for professional analysis of tax issues, both local and international.’
‘Very good knowledge of international tax treaties how to avoid double taxation.’
Coca-Cola Andina Argentina
Ferro Performance Materials
Digital Hive Group
Regus Management de Argentina
Qualita Solutions & Consulting
- Analysed different alternatives to release cash trapped in Argentina due to stringent foreign exchange controls on behalf of Schlumberger.
- Successfully defended Ferro Performance Materials Argentina in a dispute with the Province of Buenos Aires Tax Authority for gross income tax withholding, obtaining significant tax savings for the company.
- Advised Maricopa Orchards on devising a tax-free merger.
Zang, Bergel & Viñes Abogados
The ‘excellent’ Diego Embon, who clients single out for his ‘extensive’ knowledge of tax law, leads Zang, Bergel & Viñes Abogados' tax practice. Transactional tax advisory has been a key source of work in recent years, with the team particularly strong in the real estate and media and technology sectors. The practice is also active in litigation, forex matters and tax planning.
‘Personalised attention from experts. Deep skills and conceptual clarity.’
‘The tax law practice is one of the best. Capable of resolving any concern. Always aware of all market developments.‘
‘Diego Embón is an excellent professional. He has a comprehensive and very practical view of tax law, which complements his extensive knowledge of procedural and foreign exchange law. His advice is always strategic and detailed.‘
IRSA Propiedades Comerciales
Austral Gold Argentina
ClarkeModet & Co
Radio Victoria Fueguina
- Advised Netflix on tax and foreign exchange matters for the production of various series in Argentina.
- Advised Perfeta Producciones on the tax aspects of the acquisition and reorganisation of Parque de la Costa.
- Advised lithium company Lake Resources on foreign exchange and tax matters for projects in Argentina.