Karen Blair > Cleaver Fulton Rankin > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Cleaver Fulton Rankin Offices
50 BEDFORD STREET
- Go to...
Planning and environmental, public law, liquor licensing, utilities and energy.
Karen is Chairman and Director at Cleaver Fulton Rankin and specialises in planning and environmental law, liquor licensing and public law. She advises a wide range of clients, particularly in the mining, waste, energy and aviation sectors on their development proposals, including advice on environmental impact assessment and habitats issues. She also advises on regulatory issues arising from on-going manufacturing and processing operations. Karen also has extensive experience in the judicial review and liquor licensing courts.
Trained Cleaver Fulton Rankin; qualified 1994; legal associate of the Royal Town Planning Institute in 1999; partner in present firm 2001.
Environmental and Planning Law Association for Northern Ireland (EPLANI); United Kingdom Environmental Law Association (UKELA); Society of Licensing Practitioners (SLP).
University of Essex (1991, LLB, English and French Law); Université Jean Moulins, Lyons (1990, Diploma in French Law); University of Cambridge (1992, LLM, International Law); Queen’s University Belfast (1994, Certificate in Professional Legal Studies).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Cleaver Fulton Rankin provides advice at every level of the NI energy market, including cross-border guidance as part of a consultancy framework for EirGrid and SONI, the electricity system operators for RoI and NI. Stephen Cross leads the team which includes property specialist Joe Marley and planning expert Karen Blair.
- Hall of Fame - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Planning and environment
- Energy, project finance and PFI - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Dispute resolution
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant