Matthew Hattersley > Clarion > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
13-19 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Commercial and IT.
Partner and head of the commercial team, Matthew deals with non-contentious commercial matters. Matthew’s experience includes general commercial advice, supply agreements for goods and services, terms and conditions, and advice on incorporation, agency and distribution agreements, franchising, outsourcing (including to offshore providers), licensing arrangements, system procurement and systems integration agreements and facility management agreements (including cleaning and catering). Since arriving at Clarion in January 2010, Matthew has successfully been appointed to support a number of legal teams at high profile organisations.
Trained Eversheds LLP; qualified 1998; solicitor, associate, senior associate Eversheds’ commercial services team 1998-2009; partner Clarion 2010.
Bootham School, York; University of Leicester (1994 LLB Hons); College of Law (1995 LPC).
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
Clarion fields a sizeable team of dedicated corporate finance and commercial specialists. It has considerable experience in cross-border matters, as well as acting for technology and waste management clients. Practice co-head Richard Moran covers a wide range of M&A and private equity work. Fellow team leader Matthew Hattersley is well versed in commercial contracts, technology, data protection and supply chain compliance. Besides transactions, Jonathan Simms also deals with corporate governance matters. Legal director Tony Berry handles plc instructions, and also legal director Sarah Harrison is often sought after by owner-managed businesses.
Clarion’s cross-practice sports team acts for sporting retail companies, including Sports Direct, well-known sportswear brands and sporting venues on a range of corporate and dispute resolution mandates. Senior partner Richard Moran, who advises on purchase, sale and funding matters, leads the group, which also includes head of commercial Matthew Hattersley. The team is well-placed to leverage the expertise of other departments across the firm, including real estate and IP.
Fielding specialists in both contentious and non-contentious IT work, Clarion is a go-to name in the market for a mixture of global, national and regional clients including Nichols, Card Factory, InterSystems and Vocalink. Led by commercial group head Matthew Hattersley, the group also fields technology specialist David Cunningham and litigator Dominic Higham.
- Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
- IT and telecoms - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Sport - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation