Richard Moran > Clarion > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
13-19 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Senior partner. Described as ‘exceptionally calm under pressure’ and having a ‘tough approach to negotiating’, Richard is a corporate finance lawyer with over 25 years’ experience. He works with a wide range of clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and debt transactions and management buy-outs.
Advising on strategy as well as delivering transactions, Richard’s focus is on long-term client relationships. He has particular experience in handling the delicate issues at the heart of succession planning for complex family-owned businesses and is comfortable dealing with large corporate businesses alongside those with limited previous experience of working with professional advisers.
Richard is also part of our International team and works with clients with interests around the world particularly international businesses with interests in the UK and Europe.
Trained McCormicks; qualified 1996; partner Clarion 1999; senior partner Clarion 2015.
Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Blackburn; University of Leeds (BA Hons French and Management Studies; LLB).
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire(Leading individuals)
Clarion fields a sizeable team of dedicated corporate finance and commercial specialists. It has considerable experience in cross-border matters, as well as acting for technology and waste management clients. Practice co-head Richard Moran covers a wide range of M&A and private equity work. Fellow team leader Matthew Hattersley is well versed in commercial contracts, technology, data protection and supply chain compliance. Besides transactions, Jonathan Simms also deals with corporate governance matters. Legal director Tony Berry handles plc instructions, and also legal director Sarah Harrison is often sought after by owner-managed businesses.
Clarion’s cross-practice sports team acts for sporting retail companies, including Sports Direct, well-known sportswear brands and sporting venues on a range of corporate and dispute resolution mandates. Senior partner Richard Moran, who advises on purchase, sale and funding matters, leads the group, which also includes head of commercial Matthew Hattersley. The team is well-placed to leverage the expertise of other departments across the firm, including real estate and IP.
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
- Sport - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation