Dominic Higham > Clarion > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
13-19 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
A commercial contracts dispute resolution specialist with a wealth of experience in assisting Government bodies and large corporate institutions in managing technology & outsourcing contracts and disputes. Dominic assists clients in contract drafting, contract management, supplier/customer management, issue resolution and full-scale £multi-billion commercial disputes, both in the UK and internationally. HM Government/Technology/Healthcare: advising in relation to issues and disputes arising out of IT and outsourcing contracts with international suppliers which have been the subject of media speculation over many years. The settlement of the CSC disputes secured a £1bn write down on the value of CSC’s contract with the Department. HM Government / Technology / Healthcare: advising in relation to headline-grabbing on-going issues and disputes arising out of IT and outsourcing contracts including Atos regarding NHS IT Systems and Intersystems regarding hospital implementations in the Middle East.
Trained Dechert LLP; qualified 1998; DLA Piper, Leeds, 1998; partner Clarion 2014.
French, German, Spanish.
Society for Computers and Law
Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Blackburn; University of the West of England, York College of Law: LLB Law, French and German, 2:1, 1994, LPC, 1996.
Cooking, walking, football, tennis.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Areas of expertise for Clarion encompass technology-related disputes, conflicts arising out of shareholder, corporate, partnership and JV matters, contract and supply-chain disputes, judicial reviews, procurement challenges and follow-on damages claims. The group also regularly acts for corporations, owner-managed businesses and individuals from the food and drink, and logistics sectors. Practice head Simon Young has more than 25 years of experience in the contentious space. David Williams also covers professional negligence claims, defective product recalls and quality issues, while Dominic Higham acts for government clients. Legal director Kayleigh Fantoni is also recommended.
Fielding specialists in both contentious and non-contentious IT work, Clarion is a go-to name in the market for a mixture of global, national and regional clients including Nichols, Card Factory, InterSystems and Vocalink. Led by commercial group head Matthew Hattersley, the group also fields technology specialist David Cunningham and litigator Dominic Higham.
- Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution
- IT and telecoms - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation