Ms Renata Muzzi Gomes de Almeida > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Renata Muzzi Gomes de Almeida
Compliance & Investigation
Renata is a partner at TozziniFreire’s Compliance & Investigation practice group and focuses her practice on compliance matters, with particular expertise in internal investigations. Her experience includes general counseling in anti-corruption and compliance matters, developing and implementing compliance and anti-corruption programs, conducting risk assessments and anti-corruption and compliance due diligence in the context of M&A transactions. Renata has also conducted several complex internal investigations. She was the first Brazilian to obtain the certification CCEP (Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional) granted by SCCE (Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics) in 2008. Renata coordinates the Forum of Compliance Professionals, an initiative created by TozziniFreire in 2008 to share and benchmark best practices in compliance, currently composed of approximately 100 companies.
- Member of SCCE (Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics).
- CCEP (Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional) by the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics.
- Attended the FBI Compliance Academy in Washington DC, USA.
- Member of the Anti-Corruption Committee of IBA (International Bar Association).
- Co-Chair of the Latin Lawyer/Global Investigations Review – GIR Annual Anti-Corruption & Investigations Conference in Sao Paulo, since 2013.
- Attended the 52nd Annual Academy of American and International Law, Dallas, USA, in 2015.
- Specialized degree in Business Management from Business School São Paulo, 2007.
- Specialized degree in Corporate Law from PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 2001.
- Graduate of the Law School of PUC-SP, 1999.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
A pioneer in the field of compliance, TozziniFreire Advogados stands out for its longevity in the market, and is noted for its ‘unique knowledge of the Brazilian compliance ecosystem‘. The firm has been particularly focused on crisis management, where it deploys multidisciplinary teams to assist clients in the context of environmental disasters, cyberattacks and other investigations. It also stands out for its active practice in internal investigations, in which it is frequently sought by well-known companies in a range of industries in sensitive matters. Co-founder of the Latin American Compliance & Investigation League (LACIL) and board member of The Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE), Shin Jae Kim leads the team, which includes internal investigations expert and ‘excellent professional‘ Karla Lini Maeji; Giovanni Paolo Falcetta, who has taken a lead role on numerous fraud and corruption internal investigations recently; and Renata Muzzi Gomes de Almeida, whose track record includes insider trading and corruption cases. The already sizeable team grew further in June 2021 with the hire of Marcelo Zenkner, a former prosecutor in the state of Espírito Santo. Associate Brunna Ortega de Almeida also receives praise; senior associate Fábio Heilberg is another key contact.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Tax > Customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- International trade
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Life sciences
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Tax > Tax litigation
- TMT: Media
- TMT: Telecoms
- Intellectual property
- White-collar crime and investigations