Ms Renata Muzzi Gomes de Almeida > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Renata Muzzi Gomes de Almeida
Compliance & Investigation
Renata is a partner at TozziniFreire’s Compliance & Investigation practice group and focuses her practice on compliance matters, with particular expertise in internal investigations. Her experience includes general counseling in anti-corruption and compliance matters, developing and implementing compliance and anti-corruption programs, conducting risk assessments and anti-corruption and compliance due diligence in the context of M&A transactions. Renata has also conducted several complex internal investigations. She was the first Brazilian to obtain the certification CCEP (Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional) granted by SCCE (Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics) in 2008. Renata coordinates the Forum of Compliance Professionals, an initiative created by TozziniFreire in 2008 to share and benchmark best practices in compliance, currently composed of approximately 100 companies.
- Member of SCCE (Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics).
- CCEP (Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional) by the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics.
- Attended the FBI Compliance Academy in Washington DC, USA.
- Member of the Anti-Corruption Committee of IBA (International Bar Association).
- Co-Chair of the Latin Lawyer/Global Investigations Review – GIR Annual Anti-Corruption & Investigations Conference in Sao Paulo, since 2013.
- Guest professor in Compliance and Governance course of IBGC.
- Transparency International’s representative in Brazil for the preparation of the “Progress Report 2014: Assessing Enforcement of the OECD Convention on Combating Bribery”.
- Attended the 52nd Annual Academy of American and International Law, Dallas, USA, in 2015.
- Specialized degree in Business Management from Business School São Paulo, 2007.
- Specialized degree in Corporate Law from PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 2001.
- Graduate of the Law School of PUC-SP, 1999.
TozziniFreire Advogados stands out for its long track record in compliance in Brazil, and clients praise the fact that the ‘partners are always directly involved in the cases, and demonstrate full knowledge of the matter and its details‘. It has the size and resources to handle complex cross-border investigations and is entrusted by household name companies in sensitive matters. Well-known compliance specialist Shin Jae Kim leads the team, which includes internal investigations and regulatory and criminal enforcement specialist Karla Lini Maeji; Giovanni Paolo Falcetta, who advises on compliance risk analysis and internal investigations related to fraud, corruption and violation of internal policies; and Renata Muzzi Gomes de Almeida, who has a broad compliance practice and ‘is always available to hear and understand the client’s needs‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media