William Henry > Thompson Hine LLP > Cleveland, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
3900 KEY CENTER, 127 PUBLIC SQUARE
CLEVELAND, OH 44114-1291
- Go to...
Corporate Transactions & Securities/Private Equity
Will is a partner in the Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. He focuses his practice in the following areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions, principally in the middle-market space;
- Private equity, including add-on acquisitions and exits;
- Commercial contract drafting and associated counseling; and
- Corporate organization and general governance matters.
Will has extensive experience in middle-market M&A transactions, having negotiated and closed transactions ranging in value from less than $1 million to over $500 million, with an aggregate value exceeding $3 billion over his career. His clients include private equity firms as well as privately-held and publicly-held Fortune 1000 companies.
With regard to corporate drafting and counseling, in addition to working on transactions, Will has assisted clients in the drafting and negotiation of complex commercial agreements, ranging from purchase and supply agreements to complex long-term partnership and joint venture agreements. He also advises on day-to-day corporate governance matters, including employment agreements, consulting agreements and separation agreements. Recently, he completed a secondment at a division of a Fortune 10 company.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2007, with honors, Texas Review of Entertainment & Sports Law, editor in chief, 2006 to 2007, staff editor, 2005 to 2006; Texas International Law Journal, managing editor, 2006-2007, staff editor, 2005 to 2006
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A., 2004, summa cum laude
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Thompson Hine LLP leads major M&A transactions from eight of its domestic offices including New York, Atlanta, Washington DC and Chicago, home office of practice head Frank Chaiken; he caters to both European and US-based clients, leveraging his German language skills, and is adept in M&A, start-up affairs, joint ventures and commercial agreements. At the more junior end of the partnership spectrum, Cleveland-based William Henry provides clients with considerable acquisition, exit, joint venture, corporate organization and general governance expertise; meanwhile, at the Cincinnati office, Emma Off is acclaimed as ‘amazing in all areas of law’.
- Leading lawyers - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m) - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense