William Henry > Thompson Hine LLP > Cleveland, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
3900 KEY CENTER, 127 PUBLIC SQUARE
CLEVELAND, OH 44114-1291
- Go to...
Corporate Transactions & Securities
Will is a partner in the Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. He focuses his practice in the following areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions, principally in the middle-market space;
- Private equity, including add-on acquisitions and exits;
- Commercial contract drafting and associated counseling; and
- Corporate organization and general governance matters.
Will has extensive experience in middle-market M&A transactions, having negotiated and closed transactions ranging in value from less than $1 million to over $500 million, with an aggregate value exceeding $3 billion over his career. His clients include private equity firms as well as privately-held and publicly-held Fortune 1000 companies.
With regard to corporate drafting and counseling, in addition to working on transactions, Will has assisted clients in the drafting and negotiation of complex commercial agreements, ranging from purchase and supply agreements to complex long-term partnership and joint venture agreements. He also advises on day-to-day corporate governance matters, including employment agreements, consulting agreements and separation agreements. Recently, he completed a secondment at a division of a Fortune 10 company.
While attending law school, Will served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Christopher A. Boyko of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2007, with honors, Texas Review of Entertainment & Sports Law, editor in chief, 2006 to 2007, staff editor, 2005 to 2006; Texas International Law Journal, managing editor, 2006-2007, staff editor, 2005 to 2006
Case Western Reserve University, B.A., 2004, summa cum laude
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Acting for public and private companies, boards of directors and special committees, investors and financial advisors, Thompson Hine LLP stands out in part for its work in the areas of investment management and strategic corporate governance. That said, the team is also recognized for its broad transactional M&A and securities practice. The team’s recent work for PharMerica is a strong example of its hand-in-hand client service and comprehensive corporate work; here, Frank Chaiken in Chicago and Cleveland-based William Henry handled several strategic business acquisitions and asset deals, both for PharMerica and its subsidiary Pharmacy Corporation of America. The team in New York is noted for its shareholder activism and private investment work; Corby Baumann is a name to note in this space.
- Leading lawyers - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m) - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment funds > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate