Frank Chaiken > Thompson Hine LLP > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
20 North Clark Street
- Go to...
Corporate Transactions & Securities
Frank is a partner in the firm and leads Thompson Hine’s Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group, which comprises the firm’s practices in the areas of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Securities, Investment Management and Funds, Venture Capital, Contracting and General Corporate. He focuses his practice on private M&A, on both the buy and sell sides, including transactions for private and private equity-backed companies and their sponsors; cross-border transactions (in-bound and out-bound); and corporate restructurings. Frank provides general counsel and trusted adviser services to clients and their senior management.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1987, magna cum laude; member, Boston College Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1987
- Harvard University, A.B., 1983
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Thompson Hine LLP leads major M&A transactions from eight of its domestic offices including New York, Atlanta, Washington DC and Chicago, home office of practice head Frank Chaiken; he caters to both European and US-based clients, leveraging his German language skills, and is adept in M&A, start-up affairs, joint ventures and commercial agreements. At the more junior end of the partnership spectrum, Cleveland-based William Henry provides clients with considerable acquisition, exit, joint venture, corporate organization and general governance expertise; meanwhile, at the Cincinnati office, Emma Off is acclaimed as ‘amazing in all areas of law’.
- Hall of Fame - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m) - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense