Katie Allen > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Banking and Finance
Partner in the Banking and Finance group and head of hotel finance. Katie acts for a range of clients including banks, funds and corporates on finance transactions within the real estate and hotels sectors. Clients include Lloyds Bank, HSBC, ICG, DRC Capital, MetLife and Coutts.
Trained Burges Salmon LLP; qualified 2008 (England & Wales), 2016 (Scotland); partner Burges Salmon LLP 2019.
University College London (Law with French Law, LLB); Bristol Institute of Legal Practice, UWE (Legal Practice Course).
The hotels and leisure group at Burges Salmon LLP – spanning London, Bristol and Edinburgh – comprises of sector specialists from a range of legal disciplines, including employment, intellectual property, real estate and litigation. Instructed by various clients, ranging from investors, banks and lenders, to hotel owners and operators, developers and leisure-orientated companies, the team is well versed in M&A, financing, portfolio management advice and commercial arrangements. With significant expertise in corporate finance, Rupert Weston co-heads the hotels team, and is also heavily involved in the transport team, advising on M&A and joint ventures. Real estate lead Richard Read, co-heads the team with Weston, advising international and UK investors and occupiers. Splitting his time between London and Edinburgh is third co-head Robert Forman, who focuses on commercial property transactions. Katie Allen acts on finance transactions in the built environment and hotels sector.
Led by Andrew Eaton, Burges Salmon LLP‘s Bristol-based banking and finance team specialises in complex transactions for clients from a range of industries, with transport and renewable energy projects two notable recent areas of focus for the practice. Richard Leeming specialises in real estate finance, while Graham Soar‘s recent lender-side advise on secured loan facilities for renewable gas infrastructure fund is testament to his transactional capabilities. Rachael Ruane handles a wide range of corporate finance matters, often with a cross-border element. Katie Allen leads the team’s hotel financing work, while Victoria Allsopp brings her energy and infrastructure experience to bear on a number of high-profile matters for the firm.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport