Keith Beattie > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Partner specialising in projects and commercial contracts. Having previously worked in private practice in Hong Kong and Singapore, and as an in-house legal adviser in the oil and gas industry, Keith has wide-ranging experience of projects, project finance and commercial contracts in the UK and overseas, primarily in the defence, transport, infrastructure and energy sectors. Key clients include the Ministry of Defence, Ascent Flight Training and Lockheed Martin.
Trained Linklaters; qualified 1999; assistant, projects group Linklaters London, Singapore, Hong Kong 1999-2000 and 2001-04; in-house lawyer Amerada Hess 2000-01; Crown Prosecutor, Crown Prosecution Service Bristol 2004-05; associate, commercial department Burges Salmon 2005-08, partner 2008.
Attended Bangor Grammar School, Northern Ireland; University of Liverpool (1995 LLB Law and German); College of Law, Chester (1996 LPC).
Triathlon, cycling and running.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The Burges Salmon LLP group impresses with deep know-how in procuring, developing and funding significant projects, often in the transport, defence and energy areas. In the latter, the team is particularly experienced in nuclear power projects as well as solar, wind, and energy from waste matters. Practice head Ian Salter and Ross Fairley are the respective experts in those areas. The client roster includes public and private sector clients. Keith Beattie is especially known for his financing expertise and other key practitioners are Julian Boswall, Mark Paterson and the ‘very talented‘ senior associate Alec Whiter.
- Energy, project finance and PFI - South West > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Leading individuals - South West > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport