Mr Paul Amiss > Winston & Strawn LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Winston & Strawn LLP Offices
ONE ROPEMAKER STREET
- Go to...
Winston & Strawn LLP is highly rated by clients for its ‘excellent partner-driven service‘ and ‘depth of experience‘ in transatlantic and other multi-jurisdictional mid-market transactions. Practice co-chair Zoë Ashcroft is reputed for her international expertise, regularly working with a mix of US, European, and Asian clients on inbound investment transactions, as well as on cross-border deals in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Caribbean. With relevant experience on both sides of the Atlantic, Paul Amiss anchors the team’s SPAC and business combination offering, while practice co-chair Nicholas Usher is a key port of call for a number of US-based corporations and private equity firms seeking assistance on cross-border M&A. Associate Matthew Williams is also noted.
Winston & Strawn LLP‘s London office frequently acts alongside the firm’s offices across the Atlantic to advise US PE houses on investments into the UK. The practice also handles a steady stream of deals on behalf of UK-based houses. Paul Amiss and Nicholas Usher lead the team, which offers additional expertise in advising funds and portfolio companies on financings; Ian Borman is the key name to note in this area.
- M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m - London > Corporate and commercial
- Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m) - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition