John T. Bycraft > Vedder Price > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Vedder Price Offices
222 NORTH LASALLE STREET, SUITE 2600
CHICAGO, IL 60601-1003
- Go to...
John T. Bycraft
Global Transportation Finance
Mr. Bycraft has extensive experience representing borrowers, issuers, servicers, lenders and underwriters in structured finance transactions relating to portfolios of rolling stock and commercial aircraft.
Additionally, Mr. Bycraft represents equity investors, private placement lenders and lessees in U.S. and cross-border leveraged and single-investor lease financings involving rolling stock, aircraft, telecommunications equipment and other machinery and equipment. He has significant experience in a variety of other loan and lease structures.
Mr. Bycraft authored “Single-Purpose Entities and Independent Directors: Does the General Growth Ruling Change Structured Finance?,” which appeared in National Law Review.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1992
- Santa Clara University, B.S., 1989, cum laude
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Vedder Price‘s team has an enviable track record in representing lessors, lenders, manufacturers, government agencies, equity investors and operators. It routinely assists with the domestic and international leasing and debt financing of rail assets. The firm is able to leverage dedicated transportation asset finance and securitization lawyers in Chicago, New York, Washington DC, San Francisco and Los Angeles, as well as from its London and Singapore offices. With extensive experience in railcar financings, structured finance specialist Geoffrey R. Kass chairs the global transportation finance team. Also integral to the group are John T. Bycraft, who represents borrowers, issuers, servicers and lenders on structured finance transactions involving rolling stock portfolios; and Michael E. Draz, who is ‘unmatched in his pragmatism, collaboration, sharpness, efficiency, and lack of ego‘. In New York, Jeffrey T. Veber is a transportation finance expert, while Los Angeles-based Clay C. Thomas is a rail industry specialist. At associate level, Joel R. Thielen‘s practice includes rail finance deals, while Jillian S. Greenwald regularly assists with railcar financings. All attorneys mentioned are based in the firm’s Chicago office unless otherwise mentioned.
- Hall of Fame - United States > Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
- Transport: rail and road - finance - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - finance
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense