Michael Buchanan > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
70 GREAT BRIDGEWATER STREET
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Michael is a Partner in Eversheds' Real Estate practice group. Michael specialises in acting for public and private sectors on complex, high value, urban regeneration and development projects, joint ventures/PPPs, mixed use schemes and business parks.
Key clients include Argent, Greater Manchester Pension Fund, Kier Property Developments, London Borough of Lambeth, Manchester Airport Group and Muse.
Michael is listed in Legal 500 and Chambers as a leading individual providing “highly pragmatic, commercially astute legal advice and “being adept at responding to challenges”.
Michael's recent experience includes:
• Leading the real estate team advising Manchester Airport Group on the £800m Airport City scheme, described by Chancellor George Osborne “as the largest regeneration project since Olympic Park”. The project will deliver 5m sq ft of development over 10-15 years, comprising offices, hotels, advanced manufacturing, logistics and warehousing.
• Leading the team acting for Ashall Projects on all aspects of the £18m forward funding of the redevelopment of the iconic grade II* listed Royal Insurance Building Liverpool into a boutique 116 room hotel to be operated under the international brand "Aloft by Starwood”.
• Leading the team advising London Borough of Lambeth on the competitive dialogue procurement of a developer to deliver the £130m, phased, CPO anchored “Your New Town Hall” project. The scheme is centred around redevelopment of the Council’s existing listed town hall and development of new civic offices, and a residentially-led regeneration of four sites currently owned and occupied by the Council which will be released by the civic offices development.
• Advising Carlyle Group on the 400,000sq ft Soapworks scheme in Salford Quays, the largest speculative office scheme outside London. In addition to grade A offices, the scheme includes a nursery, gym, conference and amenity facilities.
North West > Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
The team at Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP provide a comprehensive real estate service to a range of clients including developers, institutional investors, and corporate occupiers. The ‘bespoke and practical‘ practice is led by Nancy Brown who specialises in corporate real estate, advising clients in the financial services, retail, and logistics sectors. Phillip Tunney regularly acts for clients in the healthcare sector, and Michael Buchanan advises a number of private and institutional investors on property acquisitions. Legal director Joanna Sowerby specialises in development deals and regeneration projects, whilst Elizabeth Cartwright has particular expertise in investment transactions and defence properties.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation