Paul Cotton > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
- Go to...
Paul is a partner in our human resources practice. He specialises in the employment aspects of acquisitions and mergers, particularly TUPE, redundancies and re-organisations. Paul also has a special interest in advising on executive terminations, restrictive covenants and industrial relations issues.
Paul's recent experience has included: acting for a US industrial client in successfully applying for a non-compete injunction against a team of departing executives; advising on a European restructuring and downsizing project affecting 14 jurisdictions; acting for a multi-national client on balloted industrial action; advising a multi-national client on the global implementation of policy changes and advising FTSE listed company on a significant board room dispute.
Paul regularly provides training to clients, both in-house and on external courses and contributes to a variety of publications. Paul is featured in Chambers Legal Directory and is ranked as an Eminent Practitioner who “leads the employment department and is well known for his prowess with regard to trade union relations and executive level disputes ". He is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
English and French
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
The employment practice at Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP fields an extensive team comprised of experts in the full range of contentious and non-contentious issues. Practice head Paul Cotton is a go-to figure for corporate TUPE engagements, multijurisdictional reorganisations and senior executive terminations. Simon Rice-Birchall leads on National Minimum Wage investigations, while Christopher Mordue has a focus on strategic employment issues in the education sector, and Louise Lightfoot is an expert in business immigration and outsourcing matters. The team also regularly represents employers in whistleblowing claims concerning workplace harassment and misconduct.
- Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment
- Hall of Fame - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Hall of Fame - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Hall of Fame - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment > Employment: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Employment: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation