Paul Cotton > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
- Go to...
Paul is a partner in our human resources practice. He specialises in the employment aspects of acquisitions and mergers, particularly TUPE, redundancies and re-organisations. Paul also has a special interest in advising on executive terminations, restrictive covenants and industrial relations issues.
Paul's recent experience has included: acting for a US industrial client in successfully applying for a non-compete injunction against a team of departing executives; advising on a European restructuring and downsizing project affecting 14 jurisdictions; acting for a multi-national client on balloted industrial action; advising a multi-national client on the global implementation of policy changes and advising FTSE listed company on a significant board room dispute.
Paul regularly provides training to clients, both in-house and on external courses and contributes to a variety of publications. Paul is featured in Chambers Legal Directory and is ranked as an Eminent Practitioner who “leads the employment department and is well known for his prowess with regard to trade union relations and executive level disputes ". He is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
English and French
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP houses a team of ‘first class’ lawyers who act for both large corporates and public organisations. The group leverages its international footprint to advise on global employment and immigration issues, including specialist advice on European Works Councils and global trade unions; practice head Paul Cotton is an expert in these areas as well as advising on boardroom exits and disputes. Tribunal advocate Simon Rice-Birchall is ‘utterly outstanding’, specialising in complex discrimination cases. It also fields a dedicated higher education practice, with Christopher Mordue and Ben Wood advising several universities and sixth form colleges.
- Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment
- Hall of Fame Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation