Mr Bradley Ruskin > Proskauer Rose LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
11 TIMES SQUARE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10036-8299
- Go to...
Mr Bradley Ruskin
Brad Ruskin is a senior partner at Proskauer and co-chairs its Sports Law Group. He has also served as co-chair of the Litigation Department and is currently serving his fifth term on the Firm’s Executive Committee.
Brad has tried a significant number of high profile, headline-generating cases to verdict or appellate victory, on issues ranging from so-called “bet-the company” antitrust challenges to questions of first impression under Delaware Corporate law, to major commercial disputes.
Sports Business: As chair of the litigation section of Proskauer’s preeminent Sports Law Group, a significant portion of Brad’s practice is dedicated to litigating issues and counseling clients active in the sports business.
Technology, Media and Telecommunications: Brad represents numerous technology, media and telecommunications companies in a wide variety of litigated disputes, including partnership issues, communications and copyright law issues, bankruptcy disputes, data breaches, contract rights and complex class actions.
Antitrust and General Commercial Disputes: Brad regularly defends clients in major antitrust and complex commercial cases. In addition to the sports and telecommunications industries, he has been handling matters for entities across many fields for clients such as Weyerhaeuser, Sanofi and Henry Schein.
Brad also regularly handles a wide range of litigation matters, including contract, fraud, licensing, trademark, franchising, partnership, intra-corporate, bankruptcy, unfair competition and other commercial disputes. He has litigated trust matters throughout the country in various federal and state courts and in domestic and international arbitral forums. Brad also has handled proceedings (along with foreign co-counsel) before the European Commission and the Office of Fair Trading.
Brad has long been involved in a wide array of public service activities. He currently serves as a Member of the Executive Committee and Director of the Legal Aid Society, a Director and Audit Committee Chair of the Student Leadership Network, a member of the ADL Sports Leadership Council, and a Member of the Jewish Theological Society’s Advisory Board. In addition, he frequently publishes articles, has taught a graduate school class at NYU’s Tisch School and has testified before legislative and other bodies concerning administration of justice and court operations in New York State.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Proskauer Rose LLP stands out for its leading sports labor and employment services, with a dedicated sector-focused team. The group is noted for its work on collective bargaining and complex matters such as wage and hour litigation, while similarly advising major sports leagues such as Major League Soccer on corporate issues such as M&A, finance, and tax. Joseph Leccese, with experience in transactional work, leads the practice alongside Bradley Ruskin, who acts as head of litigation. Supporting the team is Jason Krochak, advising sport leagues and teams in a variety of corporate and commercial matters. Also recommended for his work on high-profile sports transactions is Jon Oram, having acted as principal outside counsel for the Los Angeles 2028, the organization hosting and operating the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games. All named lawyers are based in New York.
Clients praise Proskauer Rose LLP for its ‘determination, creativity and depth of understanding of the client’s issues and objectives.‘ The team regularly represents clients before state and federal courts, in domestic and international arbitrations and alternative dispute resolution proceedings as well as before administrative regulatory tribunals. Clients are often active in asset management, sports, life sciences and the consumer product industries. Litigation chair Timothy Mungovan in Boston is a particularly well-versed advisor to financial services institutions. The Los Angeles-based Bart Williams covers commercial litigation, white-collar criminal defense and internal corporate investigations. In New York, Bradley Ruskin is a key contact for sports clients. Other prominent practitioners are Susan Gutierrez and Jonathan Weiss (Los Angeles) and Kevin Perra (New York).
- Hall of Fame - United States > Industry focus > Sport
- Sport - United States > Industry focus
- General commercial disputes - United States > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Tax > Financial products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Industry focus > Sport
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to policyholders
- Tax > International tax
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Media, technology and telecoms > Technology transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Leading trial lawyers
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings