Emma Hinton > Browne Jacobson LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
VICTORIA SQUARE HOUSE
- Go to...
Business services: banking
Emma heads up the Birmingham team and is well known in the West Midlands market for delivering an excellent, efficient and straight-talking service to her clients – and as a result she has a loyal following. She has worked hard to use her style of delivery to expand her exclusive Midlands Santander Growth Capital relationship to a number of directors in the London GC team which has created a new workflow for the team. In addition to Santander she counts HSBC Birmingham, Natwest Birmingham TMT team and numerous CYB Birmingham teams as her key repeat funder-clients. This year Emma has built new relationships with Shawbrook and Metro (as a result of the firm’s recent panel appointment to both funders), Northedge, Oaknorth (a referral as a result of a very positive borrower experience on a transaction) and Thincats, all of which will expand and diversify the team’s workload in the future.
Emma works on all types of financing transactions, has a keen interest in health as a sector and is very committed to the local West Midlands market.
- Deutsche Bank AG – 2010 – 2012
- DLA Piper UK LLP – 2004 – 2010
- Solicitor admitted – September 2006
- Legal Practice Course – Birmingham College of Law (Distinction)
- LLB Law and Politics – Birmingham University (2:1)
Browne Jacobson LLP excels in a wide variety of banking matters, but its main strengths are in leveraged finance, real estate finance, asset-based lending and health sector finance transactions. One notable practitioner is Paul Ray, who acts for UK and international corporate borrowers, banks and other lenders. Also recommended are Emma Hinton and Paul Hill.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Education
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction