Graeme Nisbet > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Graeme is Head of our Rural Team and Project Partner for a number of the firm’s key clients including Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS), NatureScot, Scottish Forestry and Cairngorms National Park Authority.
He and his 15-strong Rural Team are not only specialists in the law but have a deep understanding of the commercial opportunities which arise in Scotland’s thriving modern rural communities – acting for estate, farming and woodland owners, including private landowners and tenants, public bodies and community groups.
As Project Partner, Graeme has worked with FLS since 2008, providing advice on a variety of sensitive and/or strategic matters in addition to leading the team of solicitors providing property and land management advice to FLS.
Graeme represents a wide range of rural landowners and tenants advising on acquisitions and disposals, leases, land management agreements, farm-based AD plants, natural capital investments and carbon capture agreements.
In addition, Graeme also remains Client Relationship Partner for a number of commercial clients with large property portfolios, providing advice on property matters, including acquisitions, disposals, development, leasing, estate management and property finance.
LLB (Hons) NP
Harper Macleod LLP has ‘huge breadth of knowledge and experience’ in the rural sector and handles land registration issues, crofting, and landed estate matters. Acting as part of its energy and natural resources group, the team handles forestry transactions and renewable energy projects for leading clients including Forestry and Land Scotland and NatureScot. Practice head Graeme Nisbet advises on diversification projects and agricultural tenancies. Calum MacLeod in Inverness is the contact for community ownership work. Glasgow based associate Tom Gray is ‘genuinely excellent‘ according to clients and is the key contact for forestry and estate purchases.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning