Toby Crick > Bristows LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bristows LLP Offices
100 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT
- Go to...
IT, Digital and Outsourcing Transactions
Toby’s work focuses technology, communications and outsourcing projects where he has acted on both the client and supplier side in sectors such as financial services, retail, logistics, telecommunications, media, IT and life sciences.
Toby also advises on other complex commercial transactions and he has particular expertise on deals involving the use and exploitation of technology and intellectual property.
Toby has in-depth experience of advising clients on procurement strategies (e.g. supplier selection, pricing models and performance incentive mechanisms) and has been advising on offshore and “near” shore deals for almost twenty years.
Toby regularly advises on the legal issues related to digital transformation, social media, cloud computing and open source software.
Toby teaches IT law at UCL and QMUL and is a trustee of the Society for Computers and Law.
Barlow Lyde & Gilbert (now Clyde and Co.) 1996-2007; Bird & Bird LLP 2007-09; partner at Bristows LLP since 2009
Society for Computers and Law, ITechLaw.
Arsenal Football Club, gardening and family time.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: IT)
Bristows LLP has ‘a well-rounded and pragmatic team with excellent skills‘ and ‘superb commercial acumen‘. Leveraging the team’s broad experience across the IT and telecoms sectors, recent work highlights include acting for ZTE and Philips in separate standard essential patents litigation with consideration of FRAND licence terms. The group is jointly led by Toby Crick, who is ‘a very valuable asset in any IT contract negotiation‘; head of commercial IT Mark Watts, and ‘star IP solicitor‘ Myles Jelf. Other names to note include Anna Cook for IT disputes, head of the robotics and AI group Chris Holder, Adrian Sim, who specialises in IT implementation projects and has a ‘pragmatic and can-do attitude‘, and ‘hugely experienced‘ patent litigator Richard Pinckney.
- IT and telecoms - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals: IT - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts