Angela Fouracre > Bristows LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bristows LLP Offices
100 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT
- Go to...
Commercial and Technology Disputes
Angela is a dispute resolution specialist with particular expertise in advising on complex disputes arising out of IT, outsourcing and IP contracts.
Angela is a Partner in the firm’s Commercial and Technology Disputes team. She is highly experienced in handling disputes arising from commercial contracts, often involving technical subject matter, and regularly acts for global companies operating in the technology, life sciences and aviation/aerospace sectors.
She has particular expertise in disputes arising from IT and outsourcing projects and services, IP licences and the misuse of confidential information, as well as claims arising from the design, manufacture and/or supply of products.
Angela is well regarded for her clear and pragmatic strategic advice when disputes first arise. She assists her clients in identifying and managing risks early and making the most of their contractual or commercial positions. Where formal action cannot be avoided she represents clients at all levels of the English courts, in arbitration proceedings and in expert determinations.
Much of Angela’s work has an international element and requires a co-ordinated approach across multiple jurisdictions.
Trained at DAC Beachcroft; qualified in 2003, joined Bristows LLP in 2006, partner since 2017
Society for Computers and Law
Rugby High School for Girls, Warwickshire; Hull University (LLB); College of Law, London; Diploma in Advanced Litigation, Nottingham Law School
Family, running, hiking
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: IT)
Bristows LLP’s IT and telecoms practice offers a broad range of technology services, including M&A, outsourcing, contracts, network outsourcing deals, commercial disputes and patents. The practice undertakes regulatory enforcement work for Ofcom, in addition to acting for other fibre providers and alt-net players. Toby Crick, who works on outsourcing projects for clients in the energy, health and financial services sectors, jointly leads the team alongside patent litigation expert Myles Jelf. Anna Cook specialises in high-end IT litigation, while Adrian Sim advises on outsourcing transactions. Angela Fouracre acts on both the supplier and customer side of IT disputes, and Chris Holder is noted for his expertise in the healthcare industry.
Bristows LLP‘s practice has notable experience in commercial disputes involving the technology, life sciences and consumer products sectors, as well as claims concerning industrial markets. The group’s caseload also regularly features contractual issues, commercial law matters and confidentiality aspects. Mark Brown is a specialist in life sciences, Pharma and digital content disputes; Anna Cook is ‘a very savvy, experienced litigator‘; Simon Clark is an expert in digital media and breach of confidence-related claims; and Angela Fouracre acts in commercial contract disputes. Of counsel Robert Graham ‘always finds the clever points‘, while senior associate Westley Walker assists with business-critical disputes.
- IT and telecoms London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals: IT London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Digital content & social
- Industry focus > TMT
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Advertising & marketing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Employment > Employers