Simon Fitzpatrick > Boodle Hatfield LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Boodle Hatfield LLP Offices
240 BLACKFRIARS ROAD
- Go to...
Simon is Head of Litigation and of the firm’s art team at Boodle Hatfield. His practice covers a broad range of commercial litigation for a range of clients including high net worth individuals and privately owned companies.
Simon’s specialist knowledge of art law and art litigation includes auction house misattribution, auction house negligence, authenticity and provenance claims. Much of Simon’s work is for international clients and involves working with lawyers in other jurisdictions to resolve commercial disputes both in this country and abroad.
Solicitor 1991-97 Boodle Hatfield, Partner 1997 Boodle Hatfield, Head of Litigation Department 2001. Current directorships: director of the Bond Street Association.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Led by Simon Fitzpatrick, Boodle Hatfield LLP has an excellent reputation in the market for its work on big art law litigation cases. It is regarded as one of the premier advisers for those who have highly valuable art collections. In addition, the versatile team advises galleries, artists, auction houses and high-net-worth individuals on their commercial art matters; the group has recently advised on some of the most significant purchases of art. Natasha Hassall specialises in acting for large landed estates with heritage property and substantial art collections, while Eleanor Sepanski advises private clients on the sale and purchase of valuable artworks. Senior associate Fred Clark covers the full spectrum of commercial art matters such as lending, copyright and collection management issues and the buying and selling of art. Rebecca Foden is also recommended.
With notable specialisms in the art, luxury asset, family business and agrochemicals sectors, Boodle Hatfield LLP‘s ‘commercial litigation team excels at managing disputes‘. The practice regularly acts in matters for clients from the Middle East, as well as other overseas jurisdictions. Commercial litigation specialist Simon Fitzpatrick is ‘strategically very strong and has superb judgement‘; and Kellie Jones routinely acts in professional negligence, breach of contract and insolvency-related claims. ‘Superb‘ senior associate Rebecca Foden is an expert in art-related litigation.
- Art and cultural property London > Private client
- Hall of Fame London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Leading individuals London > Private client > Art and cultural property
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Family
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Real estate > Property finance