Roger Harcourt > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
WATERFRONT PLAZA, 35 STATION STREET
35 Station Street
- Go to...
Partner & Head of Nottingham
Roger is a corporate lawyer who acts for clients doing great things all around the country and overseas.
Roger advises clients on starting, buying and selling companies, taking or making investments in them, joint ventures and general company law. He also acts for banks and VCs and heads up our healthcare team, which advises social and primary care providers and medtech businesses.
“Everyone loves it when a plan comes together and to play part in that, working with my clients as a trusted advisor, is a huge privilege.”
Shakespeare Martineau LLP takes a ‘personal approach‘ to advising its clients, which range from entrepreneurs and start-ups to charities and large businesses. The corporate practice has specialisms in the logistics, life science and healthcare sectors, and is led by Duncan James, who has a particular expertise in advising family-run businesses. Edward Wright leads the commercial and IP team, which assists with technology transfer agreements, licensing work, franchise agreements and competition issues. Roger Harcourt manages the specialist healthcare industry group.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence