Ed Wright > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
WATERFRONT PLAZA, 35 STATION STREET
35 Station Street
- Go to...
Commercial & IP
Ed works with clients from all sectors (particularly healthcare/life sciences, sport, technology, media and communications) on wide-ranging non-contentious contractual, IP, data protection and competition law issues.
Ed primarily advises on the creation, ownership and exploitation of IP. This includes licensing, R&D/technology transfer and agency, distribution, reselling and franchising arrangements. Ed also specialises in drafting and negotiating agreements governing IP licensing and the supply of goods and/or services.
Ed regularly presents and writes on topical contractual, commercial, data protection, IP and IT/software matters.
- Celebrating success: Our Q2 roundup of deals and client wins
- Moving to the forefront of the property sector with Purplebricks
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Shakespeare Martineau LLP advises on a broad cross-section of sports-related matters for a diverse client base, including individual sporting associations, elite athletes and governing bodies. It also provides in-house legal counsel for large organisations across a wide range of sporting disciplines. The team’s work includes advice on the exploitation of commercial rights, governance and regulation, and dispute resolution. Team head Ed Wright works with Rhys Wyborn, who leads the employment side of the practice.
Shakespeare Martineau LLP provides ‘personalised and professional advice’ across a broad range of intellectual property issues, and has a particularly strong IP litigation capability. On the non-contentious side, the firm acts for clients operating in a range of sectors, including manufacturing, telecoms, media and broadcasting. The team also undertakes a significant amount of IP work for universities. Ed Wright heads up the team’s non-contentious IP practice. Martin Noble has specialist expertise in policing online infringements (including social media websites).
With a clear focus on the healthcare, life sciences and logistics industries, Shakespeare Martineau LLP advises clients on sales, acquisitions, and a broad range of commercial agreements. The firm has particularly strong expertise assisting clients with IP agreements and enforcement proceedings. Duncan James advises regional entrepreneurs and growing businesses on M&A, structuring and succession issues. Ed Wright is known for advising a diverse range of clients, including businesses and universities, on all areas of IP. Roger Harcourt leads the firm’s dedicated healthcare group.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Sport - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial
- Intellectual property - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence