Ed Wright > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
WATERFRONT PLAZA, 35 STATION STREET
35 Station Street
- Go to...
Commercial & IP
Ed works with clients from all sectors (particularly healthcare/life sciences, sport, technology, media and communications) on wide-ranging non-contentious contractual, IP, data protection and competition law issues.
Ed primarily advises on the creation, ownership and exploitation of IP. This includes licensing, R&D/technology transfer and agency, distribution, reselling and franchising arrangements. Ed also specialises in drafting and negotiating agreements governing IP licensing and the supply of goods and/or services.
Ed regularly presents and writes on topical contractual, commercial, data protection, IP and IT/software matters.
- Celebrating success: Our Q2 roundup of deals and client wins
- Moving to the forefront of the property sector with Purplebricks
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The sport law department at Shakespeare Martineau LLP acts for a range of clients, including individual athletes, governing bodies and sporting associations. The team assists with commercial issues, such as funding, endorsements and sponsorships, as well as regulatory aspects. Contentious matters encompass doping and disciplinary issues and contractual fallouts. Rhys Wyborn specialises in employment law and advises athletes on matters including negotiating terms of severances. Ed Wright advises, among others, on commercial contracts with high profile sports brands and has assisted in the drafting of athlete and official team member agreements.
Shakespeare Martineau LLP acts for clients from a wide variety of sectors, with particular experience in life sciences, manufacturing, engineering, education, retail as well as media and broadcasting, advising on all types of IP related issues. The practice is jointly headed by ‘highly efficient partners‘ Ed Wright and Martin Noble and is noted for being ‘very collaborative and quick to respond‘. Noble specialises in online infringements, including domain names disputes and on social media sites. Wright focuses on advisory work, such as creation, protection, ownership and exploitation of intellectual property, particularly for the healthcare, biotechnology and life sciences industries.
- Intellectual property - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Sport - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence